Light-O-Rama Forums

Old sequences ( all in grid format) moving them to S6

utb ghost

I always used grid . Should not have upgraded, but I did.

hope is I can just define my channels as props in making a new “preview” as I transfer the sequences.  
If start a new preview named: 

use the title ( Linus and Lucy in this case)

I get BEAT and SPACER as two unmatched channels.

if I later modify the preview to accept these, it seems to be adding them int two of my old sequence channels - which are already assigned props(I’m essentially making my preview just a prop per channel;   1.1 Star, 1.2 manger , 1.3  eaves and so forth )

am I going in right direction, or should I punt the upgrade and reload S5 at this point?

thought I could get by making an preview just using lines as the shape for each channel and  assigning it to the sequences as I upgrade each legacy sequence ….. but I don’t know how to manage  those Beat and spacer channels ….. not even sure where they come from as I have 9 controller channel 1-16 all used.

Edited by utb ghost

• The title was changed to Old sequences ( all in grid format) moving them to S6

Short on time.

If it's not too much trouble, create a preview you like. 

Open old Seq then and tell it to create a preview for that. Copy/Paste events from old to new.

Ok, think I’m doing that, we’ll see. I upgraded one of my sequences, and am making every channel it’s own unique prop.

plan to save that as a preview , and apply it to all the sequences I upgrade . Hope it’s that simple.

that archived pair of BEAT and the other I don’t understand.  Playing with it again later tonight - thanks for the feedback, hope I don’t need more 

A few things ..
Beat Channels - S5/S6 now has a dedicated Beat Channel section. It's always at the top of your grid. If you are like me and had multiple beat channels in there that were not assigned to anything, then you'll get multiple unmatched type notices when you update. You can delete those archived channels later. (After you copy the Beat to the Beat Channels.) - Same goes for the Spacer.