Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer preview and issue with "Use the same channels as" not working and I need help please

Littlegiant

I have a simple Christmas show with three 16 channel and one 4 channel controllers.  All of my stuff is "musical", so they are stand alone figures or strings of lights.  Two of the 16 channel controllers are hooked to the RS-485 interface, and the remaining via Easy Linkers.  I can control all channels via the Hardware program so I know that everything is communicating.  I am running S6 v6.1.6 Advanced.  I've been using LOR for about 6 years now as a newbie sort of.

The problem is when I try to duplicate channels.  If I try to have channel 04:01 act the same as channel 01:05 I am apparently not doing something right since the 04:01 display does nothing in the show or via the Sequencer.  If I set channel 04:01 to operate on its own it works fine.  Any ideas what I am doing here?  This is driving me nuts.  Thanks for any help!!!!

image.png.7c5904ccae2ac71d98ed97167ef67db2.pngimage.png.55c20b99ed08aaf038c51e5dfeb7d9cc.png

Edited by Littlegiant

Let me see if I can get this right.  you want the channels fence south to do the same as fence north?  If that's right and you have 4-1 for the south lights and 1-5 for the north lights, then DON'T use the uses the same channels as.  In sequencer, copy the entire row of fence south and paste into fence north.  Uses same channels as is for two or more items in your preview that is plugged into the same channel on your controller.  That way you can have two or more "icons" in your preview for the same channel. As an example, I have simple AC arches.  6 segments.  I have 5 of these arches.  All 5 are hooked to the same 1 through six channels.  The first arch is set up for the 6 channels used, on the 4 COPies of the arches, I have to use the use same channel as, since they are copies of the first arch.

I hope I explained that to where it makes sense to someone besides my wonky brain.  Good Luck!

bdwillie,

I can't edit the sequences since they were bought protected from LOR . I can certainly add an individual prop but it is doing whatever was preprogrammed, which I cannot see.  So how would I get 04:01 to act like 01:05 during a protected sequence?

Thanks for the explanation on the "uses same channel as".  That terminology was driving me crazy since I thought it meant it literally would listen to commands defined for channel 01:05.

If it's a protected sequence, you can't modify it at all as far as I know.  So your only option is a long extension cord.

However I'm a little confused in that as far as I knew, you can do nothing at all with a protected sequence - including adding channels or even seeing what is there.  So how are you even able to see what is there?  Or can you only see the preview, but not the sequence that uses it?

Bear in mind that I have never seen a LOR protected sequence.

I can't see the protected sequence grid but if I set my design preview to the same channels that the protected one uses then I can see the preview display and of course the actual display when hooked to the controllers.  If I call out individual channels then those show up in the grid but use whatever was pre-programmed.  I was hoping something other than a long overhead extension cord would be possible.

I have never messed with purchased sequences so I would be in over my head on that.  Sorry!  I guess you could always change the unit id of 4 to 1, then it would mirror the controller you already have set at 1.  but if you have other sequences that use then channels specifically for unit ID 4, that would kill them.