Light-O-Rama Forums

light o rama sequencer software not working.

Commodore

Do you have "Control Lights" enabled?

Did you set the proper Comm Port in Network Preferences?

Does the channel assignments in the Preview match the actual controller ID?  What is the controller Unit ID?

That's enough for now.

Edited by k6ccc

26 minutes ago, Commodore said:

nothing worked...

Do you have "Control Lights" enabled?

Did you set the proper Comm Port in Network Preferences?

Does the channel assignments in the Preview match the actual controller ID?  What is the controller Unit ID?

com port is 5, the hardware software detects the unit and even when in test mode the unit stobes the lights..., also where do i find "control lights enabled"?

Do you have "Control Lights" enabled? (i think so)

Did you set the proper Comm Port in Network Preferences? (YES)

Does the channel assignments in the Preview match the actual controller ID?  What is the controller Unit ID? (YES) (unit id = 1)

That's enough for now.

If the LOR control panel is not running, even if lights enabled is checked, the sequencer won't do anything until the main program that interfaces everything together is running.  I believe you said you have not been running the LOR control panel, and looks like you have everything else set, so sounds like the problem is the LOR control panel is not running, so the sequencer has no idea what to do with your lighting commands until it's in operation.

Are you actually running LOR 6.1.4? If so, it won't do much of anything without the CP running. Yes, you could run the sequencer by itself, one sequence at a time or you could run the HU to test things. In 6.1.4, everything basically everything is handled by the CP.

2 hours ago, dgrant said:

Are you actually running LOR 6.1.4? If so, it won't do much of anything without the CP running. Yes, you could run the sequencer by itself, one sequence at a time or you could run the HU to test things. In 6.1.4, everything basically everything is handled by the CP.

I think It's pretty much the same in 4.4.16, still using this one {PRO} and even though in the SE Control Lights stays checked, if I attach a controller to the RS485 adapter, RGB on Aux A {Red Adapter} or standard AC on black USB-RS485B and the CP IS NOT running, nothing happens, no lights come on, visualizer won't work, just get a blank screen when the simulation is supposed to be running.  I load the CP, visualizer and controllers will then function and lights will turn on, if I unload Light-O-Rama, the Control Lights is still checked, but once unloaded and CP shut down, nothing happens.

At least that is how it's always worked on my current sequencing system.  The only time I've ever seen the SE automatically turn off "Control Lights", is if an active show is running on the computer, the visualizer still works, but no controllers will, as they are in use by a show.   I figured this is how it would work, even in higher/newer versions of the LOR Software Suite. 

No CP eunning = NO ACTION, NO LIGHTS.

Your profile is showing 6.1.4 and you just stated that you are using 4.3.24 - there is a HUGE difference between those two.  Most of the questions and answers have been based on you using S6.  It would be useful to update your profile or at least state at the beginning that you are running a different version than your profile so that we could have given answers and asked questions that apply with S4.

23 hours ago, Commodore said:

Does the channel assignments in the Preview match the actual controller ID?  What is the controller Unit ID? (YES) (unit id = 1)

7 hours ago, Commodore said:

i found my issue, My configs were incorrect...

So which config was incorrect?