Light-O-Rama Forums

Grid View Group using mulitple props -16 channel controller for two props operating on same channels help needed.

Tharkun

All,

I am trying to create a grid view group that utilizes a CBT16 channel unit where I split the cord to run two props (LED Trees and LED Wreathes) on the same channels. e.g., CBT16, circuit 1 is using the odd number channels (1,3,5,7,9, 11,13,15) to power 8 LED trees with the exact same sequence as the odd channels for my LED Wreaths. I get error messages with channel conflicts or issues with prop definitions. I could do this without changing the grid view, but then I cannot see my trees and I need to see them when I play a sequence for design purposes.

I tired setting up the props to use the same control channel in the  definitions box see imager attached.

I find I cannot get the props (tree 01,03,05,07, 09) into a group named trees, which is want i to do.

help!

preview design screen.gif

That's an easy one.  Open your Preview in Preview Editor.  For each of the eight wreath props, on the channels section on the right, the top selection is "Use same channels as".   Use the dropdown to select the tree that the wreath will share a channel with.  Do that for all eight wreath props.

If you click on the trees to get to where you assign the channels, right above the channel assignment there is a drop down box that says use the same channel as, and go find what it is the same channel as.  You will have to do it for each tree.  That will clear it up.  Lol  Looks like Jim beat me to it!

Edited by bdwillie

yep already did that and would not allow me to build group or see in preview.Finally deleted and started over same way, and now I can see props in grid and preview, but cannot build a group for my trees... sigh. Thanks for the replys.

Then you did something wrong.  I just built a preview with eight trees that matched the channels for eight wreaths.  Also created a group with the eight channels.  Shows up as expected.  Sequences correctly.

What are you expecting that you are not seeing?

36 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Then you did something wrong.  I just built a preview with eight trees that matched the channels for eight wreaths.  Also created a group with the eight channels.  Shows up as expected.  Sequences correctly.

What are you expecting that you are not seeing?

He wants the 8 yellow trees to work on same channels as the 8 wreaths, I have been helping him on and off but nothing seems to be working.  Im not sure he needs to group or attempt to group the trees since they are on the same sequence rows as the wreaths. He only needs to group the wreaths, the trees will only be seen when the wreaths are on.

JR

2 hours ago, bdwillie said:

If you click on the trees to get to where you assign the channels, right above the channel assignment there is a drop down box that says use the same channel as, and go find what it is the same channel as.  You will have to do it for each tree.  That will clear it up.  Lol  Looks like Jim beat me to it!

Its actually NOT working for him.

JR

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am running into the same problem - I see my added props in the Preview, but they don't appear at all in the grid (All Items). When I create a new group for them, I don't see that group either.

1 hour ago, mattmetzger said:

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am running into the same problem - I see my added props in the Preview, but they don't appear at all in the grid (All Items). When I create a new group for them, I don't see that group either.

Assuming you are talking about the same original issue in this thread, that is correct.  When you assign a channel to "Use same channel as", you do not see it listed in the sequencing grid.  You only see the prop that is the original since there is no separate sequencing for the channel that uses "use same channel as".  It will show up in the playback simulation window when you play the sequence.

Restated:  If I have a left eyeball that is Unit 01, Channel 01, and I have a right eyeball that is set to "use the same channel as left eyeball", only the left eyeball will appear in the grid since "right eyeball" has no separate sequencing.