Light-O-Rama Forums

Error Message: Value of -16774 is not valid for “red”

Wonko

Hi guys,

One of my sequences won’t load for some reason. I’m getting the error below. This played fine yesterday, so not sure what happened.

“Unable to read: “C://Users/Chris/documents/Light-O-Rama\Sequences\Little Drummer Boy.loredit

Value or ‘-16774’ is not valid for “red”. “Red” should be greater than or equal to 0 and less than or equal to 255.

any ideas?

thanks!

Had you edited that sequence just prior? Evil file corruption may have struck. 255 is the largest value for R, G, or B
Hope you have a backup of that file from Before. 👍

Also, you could try a Cold Boot of the Show computer.

Weird thing is that this is an edit of a Wowlights sequence. I have the original file, which I quickly adjusted to my preview a second time. I then re-saved under the old file name. Somehow, the problem happened again, even though the Wowlights file opened fine. In other words, the new file won’t open again and shows the same error. Didn’t even make any changes to the sequence this time (other than assigning new preview). I’ll keep playing. 

Just now, Wonko said:

Weird thing is that this is an edit of a Wowlights sequence. I have the original file, which I quickly adjusted to my preview a second time. I then re-saved under the old file name. Somehow, the problem happened again, even though the Wowlights file opened fine. In other words, the new file won’t open again and shows the same error. Didn’t even make any changes to the sequence this time (other than assigning new preview). I’ll keep playing. 

Anti Virus meddling?

Oh maybe! Got a message about antivirus expiring when I loaded PC after it crashed. Weird that it would happen twice, though. And all other sequences are loading fine. (For now 😁)

27 minutes ago, Wonko said:

Oh maybe! Got a message about antivirus expiring when I loaded PC after it crashed. Weird that it would happen twice, though. And all other sequences are loading fine. (For now 😁)

A/V work on patterns. Some (products) are more prone to false positives.

The original had a 'pattern', so it repeated every time you tried again.

(And this is why I hate silent fixes. You don't know it did something. BTW check the A/V log, it might admit the fixing 😁)