Light-O-Rama Forums

Changing or adding a sequence during a show does not update the running show in S6 like it did in S5

MSB

Our annual show started last night, and we had some bugs. Some props were purposely turned off during testing in background animations. So, I went in and updated the sequences while the show was running and saved them, but the show player ignored the updated sequence. The only graceful way I could force an update was to stop the show after the current song and then close control panel and reopen it. We also have a unique situation when we are very busy, we will extend the show for an hour. I have an animation made called "open late" which fires one channel on one controller to turn on the Open Late signs. I used to insert that sequence into S5 while it was running and S5 would pick up the change and start playing the inserted sequence. But when I tried with S6, the inserted sequence was ignored. This is very frustrating. In fact, last year we would even change the show on the fly and insert pre-compressed sequences during a running show just to mix things up a bit and we had no issues as the S5 was smart enough to recognize a change to the show or a change to a sequence and just reload it. I hope this is just a bug in S6 and not a design feature because cycling the show while there are 300 cars driving though is not a very pleasing experience for our guests. I just updated the system with 6.1.6 Pro and have not tested it but no changes like this were mentioned in the release notes. Please Advise.

Am running into this exact same issue - it's a critical part of my show as well.  Please add this feature back in ASAP!  Unfortunately, I am using some of the S6 features (RGBW support) so I can't revert to S5.

For my use case, I wrote a custom show producer service that dynamically updates the .lss file to add in some additional show functionality (voting, displaying dynamic text on a p5 sign).  Ideally, I'd love a REST API I could call, like XSchedule, but I'd definitely be OK with the show player reloading the .lss file once the current sequence finishes playing.

This is exactly why MIIP is not working with S6.

A bunch of us downgraded to S5 this year because of this.

• Thanks 1

When manually clicking the prepare show while the show is playing produces and Error but there is no way to see what that error is unless you go back to Create Shows and run the verifier.

The warning 57 Playback file will be refreshed

[Secuence C:\LOR\Seqences\2022 Final\Background Animation Stage 21.loredit]

[REASON] Created new playback file because it was out of date 4.9 days.

However, the player does not reload the updated sequence unless the show is stopped and restarted.

Edited by MSB
Spelling

4 hours ago, k6ccc said:

This is exactly why MIIP is not working with S6.

A bunch of us downgraded to S5 this year because of this.

Yeah, unfortunately like I said I'm stuck because I added some DMX RGBW lights (they were in a form factor LOR doesn't have right now) and as far as I know S5 doesn't support those.  I'm working on a workaround for the show reloading issue for this season, but unfortunately that means I can't use any of the interactive features I was planning on using this year. :(  I wrote my own service that does something like MIIP, but also schedules/manages XSchedule sequences as well, since XSchedule lets me display dynamic text (like winning vote count of the current song) live on my p5 panel. Worked hard this year to get it all working in time for this season, but I guess it will need to wait another year...

Edited by NateB2

Just started playing with the App. I love the fact that shows can be extended on the fly, That took a lot of hoop jumping in S5. HOWEVER, We have signs that say "Staying Open Late" that we turn on when this happens. Unfortunately, because of this problem I would still need to jump through hoops plus restart the show to fire up that additional background sequence to turn on the signs and keep the Open Sign ON. I sure would like to see a comment on this thread from LOR that the acknowledge this issue and will address it with a future update. The app doesn't have a way to address this either.