Light-O-Rama Forums

Player bug?

randyf

For the most part, my show is up and running, so I'm trying some number of activities to see how S6 functions.  The first was to disable the player after a show has started.

Previously I could stop/disable a show, and when started/enabled, if a show *should* be running, it will start it.  In S6 it seemed to forget about that show and it is dark till the next one would start.

My expectation is when the player comes up that any show that should be running be started immediately.

Tomorrow I will hopefully test what happens if the show computer gets restarted after the show starts; will it have the same results?

8 minutes ago, dgrant said:

You can manually run your show at any time. Touch the exclamation mark

How I got it restarted, but if something were to happen while it was unattended, it could be pretty dark till the next show started.  Will find out soon if changing a scheduled show just  before it's started will take effect.

A schedule entry for a show will cause the show to start once per day. That is by design. 

However, that information is kept in memory and not saved to disk. So restarting the Control Panel will allow the show to play again.

The S6 show player has a pause function which can be a good alternative to disabling the show player. 

If you hit stop or disable the player, it unfortunately keeps that scheduled show from running again (I believe just for that scheduled time period, since upcoming shows will still list it for upcoming time period.. might be only the next day though). If you restart the control panel, it will start running again.

Personally I would like to see that show still be listed in that current show section with a status of stopped, similar to paused. This would give you the ability to resume it and also be informative that the show is scheduled to be played but you stopped it. But at the very least it should come back after disabling and then re-enabling the player regardless if you had stopped it or disabled the player.

Edited by Jeremiah Ackermann

On 11/25/2022 at 8:56 PM, Jeremiah Ackermann said:

If you hit stop or disable the player, it unfortunately keeps that scheduled show from running again (I believe just for that scheduled time period, since upcoming shows will still list it for upcoming time period.. might be only the next day though). If you restart the control panel, it will start running again.

Personally I would like to see that show still be listed in that current show section with a status of stopped, similar to paused. This would give you the ability to resume it and also be informative that the show is scheduled to be played but you stopped it. But at the very least it should come back after disabling and then re-enabling the player regardless if you had stopped it or disabled the player.

+1 Would be great to be able to restart the scheduled once it has been disabled instead of having to close out of control panel and open it back up.