Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't control LOR Controllers in S6 Control Panel

Capt Ike

Upgraded to S6 earlier this year and have been trying to figure this one out.  I have two AC Controllers that I've had for many years (They both work great and are workhorses).  I added a LOR Network in the control panel and it is operating on COMM4 and has a green check next to it.  When I go to Test Lights, I get no response from either controller.  However, when I open the Hardware Utility (the old looking one) to test the lights, I can see and operate both controllers just fine.  What am I missing? I have the latest driver for the USB adapter.  Without the control panel being able to operate them, the sequencer can't either. 

If the controllers are many years old, they likely don't support LOR Enhanced protocol. Head into the network setting and disable Enhanced. You may need to lower the speed as well. This link gives the specifics. https://store.lightorama.com/pages/how-many-lights-can-i-connect

Is the LOR network set to Enhanced mode, and what speed?  The older controllers can't operate on an Enhanced network.  Jeremiah beat me by 10 seconds...

Son of a nutcracker! That did it.  When I was playing with it earlier I tried turning off Enhanced as well as lowering the speed, but apparently not at the same time.  I must've had enhanced on while turning down the speed.  Anyhow, it's working now.  Thank you gentlemen, as always, this place is great! Merry Christmas!

Hello, I upgraded to S6 recently. I have 2 AC controllers. I don't have many sequences yet so sometimes I just leave all the lights on for a while. On the S5 software I believe you could use the utility manager. I would turn on all the lights for the first controller than switch to controller 2 and then turn on all the lights and everything would be lit up. On the S6 software which I'm currently running, I go to the test light section and turn on the lights for controller 1 and it works but when I switch to the 2nd controller to turn on all the lights, it shuts off the lights on controller 1. Is there a way I could just turn on all the lights at one time and leave it on that way for a while? Again, I don't have many sequences yet so I would just like to turn on all the light sometimes.

Thanks, Mike.

You can create a looping sequence. Within that, you can set to turn on whatever lights you wish, for whatever period of time you wish, then change to the other lights/controller or selectively pick and choose as you wish. For example, you could do slow fades of any channels you wish, on/off over say an hour. Set that sequence into a "Background Animation" area of a show and schedule it as desired. It will automatically loop.