The show is enabled

I checked my times to make shure PM and Am are correct

The time on my computer is correct

If I play from the sequence editor all lights work

I see all controllers on the hardware utility

the sequence editor is turned off

I ran the registry sweep bug fix

Any guesses???

If you are running a mp3 player and not the computer make sure the songs are all mp3's not wav. or wma. or it won't run

I'm experiencing the same problem and I don't understand your solution.

I have a show with 9 sequences. I have 80 channels and rarely use more than 60 in any sequence. In the sequences, I just use the channel grid to delete the channels I don't want to use.

When I run the sequence via the Sequence Editor, it runs fine.

However, when I scheduled a show, the status on the Control Tray Icon says the show is currently running, yet nothing is happening.

Are you saying that all 80 channels have to be defined in every sequence. That would seem odd.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Turned on all the lights tonight with music for the first time -- it looked great. LOR is a great product.

Thanks.

Charles,

See this attachment. Note at the very bottom the controller is defined, but there is not information for the controller number or channel?

This is what causes the show player to 'panic' and not play the file.

Attached files 163503=9445-wrong-config.png

I define all channels when I do a new song from the start. 6 boxes, 16 channels each and it is easier for me to just set them all up from the start, even if I do not use every channel in every song.

I got one computer to work. deleted all LOR info from the computer then went to the LOR site and had to buy it againn and with the new down load it all works on that computer but on my other computer I'm still having the problem of it telling me the show is running but no lights. It will play the music but not the lights. I guess I will have to call support. I can't afford to buy the program for a thierd time. once four years ago and then again this year.:)

geoff george wrote:

I define all channels when I do a new song from the start. 6 boxes, 16 channels each and it is easier for me to just set them all up from the start, even if I do not use every channel in every song.

If you haven't already, look into the "export channel configuration" and "import channel configuration" function. You define your channels once, then export them. When creating a new sequence all you need to do is import your channel configuration.
I got one computer to work. deleted all LOR info from the computer then went to the LOR site and had to buy it againn and with the new down load it all works on that computer but on my other computer I'm still having the problem of it telling me the show is running but no lights. It will play the music but not the lights. I guess I will have to call support. I can't afford to buy the program for a thierd time. once four years ago and then again this year.:)

Did you check your channel configuration? Do you have any channels that are partially defined (like in the attachment I posted a while ago in this thread)? If you have any channels configured like in the attachment, your shows may not run. Make sure each channel is completely defined, or not defined at all.

Also, email support@lightorama.com. If you need another copy of the software they can help you. No need to purchase it again.

Not sure if your problem is like mine but...

Is your sequencing machine and your show machine the same machine?

If not, keep in mind that the default location for the sequence and audio folders on XP are c:Documents and SettingsMy DocumentsLight-O-Rama...

If your show machine happens to be Win98SE or Win2000, the default is to locate Sequences and Audio in c:My DocumentsLight-O-Rama.

When the Show Builder and Schedule Builder build their respective files on the XP machine the full path is stored in the show file and the schedule file. The result is that the show cannot play on the show machine because it is not found. Further, if you edit the schedule on the show machine it still won't play properly because the show files are pointing to sequences that it cannot find because the path is wrong.

I will be making an adjustment to correct this for next year, but for this season I maintain Show and Schedule files on each machine.

@Don --
Thanks for the explanation. The channels I use are all defined completely. I understand now. I was concerned that my "beat" channels (or, in my case, my "offbeat" channels) were causing some concern. I have no controller assigned to them, though.
Thanks.

@basis21b --
I think you've got it. I do my development on an iMac and MacBookPro running Parallels. The userid on them (as well as the drive assignments) are completely different than my "show" machine.

I ran into problems with the full path on the image I use in the visualization when I import a saved configuration but was able to work around that.

I will rebuild the the Show from scratch today on the show machine and see what happens.

Thanks to everyone for their responses. Great support.
cas

Don wrote:

Charles,

See this attachment. Note at the very bottom the controller is defined, but there is not information for the controller number or channel?

This is what causes the show player to 'panic' and not play the file.

On mine I had everytign filled out except a channel.

I told it LOR network

I gave it a board number

I assigned 15 out of 16 channels it was the one channel I didnt assign (actually I did this in two places) that messed things up

@M Gardner -- Good to know. Thanks.

Turned out that it was indeed the problem that basis21b was talking about.

I recreated the show on the same machine I run the show on and everything worked great.

The show's on! The meter is running...

Thanks to all -- I appreciate the quick responses.

Got it to work.

Had to uninstall my mouse driver and LOR stuff then install the LOR first then the mouse. it seems that something did not like the wireless mouse. I will blame it on Vista. But now I have a new problem and its on both my Vista computer and my XP computer. there is one song that for some reason three channels on one box will not work right. they are to stay light the whole song but do not. they will blink on and off at ramdem. Anyone have a ideal on this one?

Guest wbottomley

geoff george wrote:

Got it to work.

Had to uninstall my mouse driver and LOR stuff then install the LOR first then the mouse. it seems that something did not like the wireless mouse. I will blame it on Vista. But now I have a new problem and its on both my Vista computer and my XP computer. there is one song that for some reason three channels on one box will not work right. they are to stay light the whole song but do not. they will blink on and off at ramdem. Anyone have a ideal on this one?

I replied in your new thread about this.