Light-O-Rama Forums

Controllers playing different ID's

mjdamico23

I have the basic residential controllers CTB16PC and I am testing the show tonight and several controllers are doing what other controllers are doing.  ALL 19 controllers have been reprogrammed, I have never run into this before.

First of all, how are you controlling 19 controllers on a Basic level license?

With very little information to go on, first guess is that either your preview and controller IDs don't match the way you think that they do, or the controllers are not the IDs that you think they are.

22 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

First of all, how are you controlling 19 controllers on a Basic level license?

With very little information to go on, first guess is that either your preview and controller IDs don't match the way you think that they do, or the controllers are not the IDs that you think they are.

I have the Pro License, but I call the them the basic controllers.  I went through the previewer and they all are the way they are supposed to be and re-programmed each controller to match the previewer.  I should also add it plays the right way on the previewer.

Edited by mjdamico23

Well crap, maybe they lost the ID's again.  I went into hardware utility and when I do unit 1, they all come on.  Units 2 and up don't come on.  This is 3 times this year I had to re-program these things  What is happening!?!?  Getting kind of old!

Please update your forum profile so that it reflects your Pro level license.  Avoids stupid questions 😄

Are these controllers that have switches to set the controller ID or are they set in the Hardware Utility only?  Remember that if the controller has the selection switches (either a DIP switches or rotary switches), you can change the Unit ID in the Hardware Utility, but next time the controller is power cycled, it will read the switches.  If you set the switches to ID 00, then the setting done in the HU will not be changed upon power cycle.  OR set the correct ID on the switches.

5 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Please update your forum profile so that it reflects your Pro level license.  Avoids stupid questions 😄

Are these controllers that have switches to set the controller ID or are they set in the Hardware Utility only?  Remember that if the controller has the selection switches (either a DIP switches or rotary switches), you can change the Unit ID in the Hardware Utility, but next time the controller is power cycled, it will read the switches.  If you set the switches to ID 00, then the setting done in the HU will not be changed upon power cycle.  OR set the correct ID on the switches.

I've always changed the Unit ID's in the HU......Every year I have to re-assign.

Please check to see if the controllers have switches.  Based on what you are saying, I am guessing the answer is yes.

1 hour ago, mjdamico23 said:

Well crap, maybe they lost the ID's again.  I went into hardware utility and when I do unit 1, they all come on.  Units 2 and up don't come on.  This is 3 times this year I had to re-program these things  What is happening!?!?  Getting kind of old!

Some controllers require the ID switches to be OFF if you use HU to set the ID. Otherwise the next power cycle reads the switches.  Switches or HU for ID

16 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Some controllers require the ID switches to be OFF if you use HU to set the ID. Otherwise the next power cycle reads the switches.  Switches or HU for ID

I don't see any switches in there, but I think I found the problem --- When assigning Unit 1 the last time it de-programmed itself, I must've hit any unit and forgot to take out the ethernet cord, so all the daisy chained controllers became unit 1.  Thanks for the support!  Have a great Thanksgiving!

16 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Thanks for your help!  Have a great Thanksgiving!

46 minutes ago, mjdamico23 said:

I don't see any switches in there, but I think I found the problem --- When assigning Unit 1 the last time it de-programmed itself, I must've hit any unit and forgot to take out the ethernet cord, so all the daisy chained controllers became unit 1.  Thanks for the support!  Have a great Thanksgiving!

That will do it - every time!