Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature request: printable channel layout

randyf

I *think* in the past I was able to do this action, and it may be available somehow, but I would like to be able to printout the channel layout (similar to what is available in 'String Summary', though in my case I only care about the name and the channel range) for when I plug all of my props into the controllers.

I can (and this year I did) go back to the computer with some level of regularity to get this information, and in some cases it was easy to work out (such as a mega-tree), but as I have a number of individual props, bringing a sheet of paper with this information, though it contributes to the reduction of trees, it is a bit more practical.

IMO, as I'm done setting things up, this will be more relevant next year, so can certainly wait till then.

Then take that one step further.  Select the entire screen ( use [CTRL-A] ) then copy [CTRL-C] and you can paste that into a spreadsheet and manipulate it to your heart's content.  Print what you want in the order and filtered the way that you want.

I use that but it sure would be better if LOR would prefix the single digit channels with a 0 to make it much easier to sort!!! Or they could output a separate column for the channel numbers. This would be an issue for DMX channels as they are currently outputted as a range (Univ 262 Ch   1 - 150)

Edited by MSB

1 minute ago, MSB said:

I use that but it sure would be better if LOR would prefix the single digit channels with a 0 to make it much easier to sort!!!

+1