Light-O-Rama Forums

Speaker suggestions

dackjob2

Have a mini director with the 3.5 audio plug. Looking for any suggestions for speaker to use. Have a small 3.5 rectangle speaker with a volume level control but on the loudest setting I can barley hear it.

Old adage for cars, applies to speakers.

'There is no substitute for cubic inches' 😁  Almost any Powered (from the wall, not USB ) Computer speakers should work.

The boom box with an AUX/CD in is also a good suggestion. You will need a 3.5 -> RCA (Red+White) cable

• Thanks 1

I use an JBL Wind 2 Speaker (2 in 1 FM and Bluetooth) and hang it on a hook (for hanging potted plant during summer) over my front porch.  It’s rechargeable, waterproof, Bluetooth, Micro SD, AUX In/Aux Out and even has an FM tuner so it’s synced up correctly with lights.   I’ve seen it $50 -$90 depending on where you buy it.

• Thanks 1

I use a formal old receiver therefore using the FM portion with a FM transmitter connected to the computer speaker output. Then outside, I have two Rock speakers that I bought off amazon years ago. They've been working great, year after year but they do not remain outside all year. From Halloween through Christmas only then back into the garage.