Light-O-Rama Forums

Permanent House Pixel Track

ItsMeBobO

Bob

Its been a long day, week, month, year (s). Yes i would use one power supply per bank.

One question. Are these purchased extensions or are you using speaker type wire? I have seen and helped a lot of people change their mind that attempted to make their own extensions. More failure than success stories. The only success stories I know are short homemade extensions.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

All extensions purchased from LOR.          BUT I have MANY cuts and joins.  using self solder heat shrink.   Because the sections had to be carried up a ladder and are each a different number of pixels.   I had to cut the strings and solder on the pigtails.  They could then be joined up on the ladder. 

2 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

All extensions purchased from LOR.          BUT I have MANY cuts and joins.  using self solder heat shrink.   Because the sections had to be carried up a ladder and are each a different number of pixels.   I had to cut the strings and solder on the pigtails.  They could then be joined up on the ladder. 

That should be good then. If you want to try commercial grade psu's I have a couple 750W. they are huge though. Or I have a lot of 500W normal size internal PSUs.

JR

5 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

um... hell  I have a standard prebuilt from LOR.  Case wont handle two bigger ones.   

The cases I purchased to house my commercial grades were $240 each and they are plastic LOL

Im not sure the standard LOR case will handle 2 normal sized psus. Maybe the new style case but for sure the old style wouldnt.

JR