Light-O-Rama Forums

S4 to S6: what happened to my pixel editor data?

randyf

Now that I have a new dedicated show computer that (for the most part) pushes me to use S6, I want to convert all my S4 sequences to S6.  I spent a good amount of time ensuring my S4 visualizer and pixel editor previews match what is in my S6 preview, but when I open the LMS file, all the pixel editor lines are unmatched *unless* I also import the Pixel Editor into the preview (which doesn't match the channels, but adds all new ones, and then lots of ugliness ensues).  As I also figured I could fix that later, I went through a motion of creating a new preview for the "merged" file so I wouldn't clobber my desired preview.

Unfortunately, no matter what approach I take, none of the entities that previously displayed pixel editor data in S4 will display or show anything in the converted sequence.

Did I miss a step?  Is this a bug?  Is there a topic somewhere in the docs that suggest how to set this up?  Something else?

The good news is that I can play unconverted files fine through the show player (plus all the new ones created with S5/S6), but none of the S4 sequences will have the ability to be modified or take advantage of new props for this year until I can resolve this issue.

When converting S4 sequences with Pixel Editor content, the key is to start with a preview that matches your *S4* sequence. Once it is converted to LOREDIT format, then you can assign a different preview as a subsequent step. Here are the steps others have used with success:

1) From the Sequencer menu choose File > Open, and select your S4 LMS file
2) Click the "Start a new preview" radio button
3) Click "Next Step"
4) In the Import From section, click "Pixel Editor". Some items will now be matched
5) In the Unmatched section, click Select > Select All, then click the "Auto" button. Some props with star shapes will get added to the preview and the Unmatched section will now be empty.
6) Click "Next Step"
7) Click "OK" in the "Import Tracks" dialog
8) Click "OK" in the Warnings dialog
9) Your entire sequence will now be displayed.
10 Verify it plays correctly
11) Save the sequence
12) Select Sequence > Assign Different Preview, and select the preview you created in S5 or S6.
13) Some props will probably not match. Click "Auto-match by channel" to match items with the same channel assignment.
14) Now you can manually match items: double-click on an item in the Matched or Unmatched list and select the matching item.
15) When you are done, click Save Match Settings so you can recall them for the next sequence
16) Click Continue