Light-O-Rama Forums

Just starting and confused

Roger2

I just received the TSO Starting Package with a mini director.  

I only want to run a show for about 15 minutes every hour and have all the lights on for the other 45 minutes. 

is that possible with this package or does the show have to run constantly?

Edited by Roger2

So I think I have figured it out. I need to buy the Show Time software. Then use the TSO card to make a 15 minute sequence then make a 45 minute sequence with all the channels on and repeat that for the number of hours I want the show to run each night.   

Then save that onto an SD card and use that card in the Mini Director instead of using the TSO card directly in the Mini Director. 

Does that sound correct?

I think you have it figured out.  I don't use a Director, so I don't know what your options are for editing the original show.  Someone who uses a Director will have to answer that one.  However, I highly recommend against having your show run for 15 minutes and then be static for 45 minutes.  If people come to see you light show and the lights are just static, they will just keep on driving and not come back.  Even worse is having the yard dark between shows.  Unless there is some very specific reason to have the show not run continuously, let it run during whatever your scheduled show hours are - without interruption.  And yes, there are a few specific reasons to have gaps.

This seems to be a somewhat regular request for brand new people - I really don't know why...

• Thanks 1

The reason is my wife likes a traditional static display. She’s cautiously letting me do this lol. When the show isn’t running we would like the house to be lit up in a traditional way. 

2 hours ago, Roger2 said:

The reason is my wife likes a traditional static display. She’s cautiously letting me do this lol. When the show isn’t running we would like the house to be lit up in a traditional way. 

If she's anything like my wife, that will change once she sees it in action. Pretty soon, you'll start hearing, "You know.....we could add...."

• Like 2

I use a show director and the whole TSO package along with others. You are correct, you need to create a seq that is static (all on) for 45 minutes and add the seq for TSO after (or before) through creating a show through the hub.

• Like 1

you can create an animation sequence which loops which is a quick way to come up with your 45 minute sequence.  

• The topic was locked