Light-O-Rama Forums

Importing Configs

cenote

Hard to explain, will do my best. I have one sequence, lets call it Sequence "A". I do all channel channel configs to "A", than export the channel config to a file. Now when I open another sequence, and import the settings, things get mixed around. I have made sure that in my Master track (track 1) that all the channels are the same in both. But tracks two and so on may vary. Does this matter? This could be my problem. Seems like the moe tracks I have, the more little assignments get off. Anybody else come across this? I assume that most of you preprogram all year, and than import configs the last minute after setup. TIA

If you have different configurations (different channel orders) in your sequences then an export/import of channel configurations will mess things up. Import channel config is good go get a new sequence started. You can also add new channels (at the bottom) but when you import channels configs the channel settings will change but the contents of the channels will stay the same.

I have download other peoples sequences from Lorsequences and each person has their own setup. You may be having the channels mixed up and need to tailor all the channels to your setup. Its possible to set two channels to the same controller and having it do weird things when you run it.

John

One thing I noticed ... is that your configuration can contain tracks. If it does, then it can bring those in with the import, which is dislike ... and feel causes problems.

So I reduced my "configuration sequence" to a single track and then just always import into the first track and it seems to be fine, as long as you preserve the top-to-bottom order in all songs (must be the same).

taybrynn wrote:

So I reduced my "configuration sequence" to a single track and then just always import into the first track and it seems to be fine, as long as you preserve the top-to-bottom order in all songs (must be the same).

Do you have other tracks on the sequence (the one your importing to), when you import? or do you just have one, import, than add tracks to finish sequencing?

LightORamaDan wrote:

If you have different configurations (different channel orders) in your sequences then an export/import of channel configurations will mess things up. Import channel config is good go get a new sequence started. You can also add new channels (at the bottom) but when you import channels configs the channel settings will change but the contents of the channels will stay the same.

The problem is always when I have multiple tracks. The order of channels is allways the same, even the order of tracks, and there channels and names. Seems to import fine with one and sometimes two tracks, but I am using 5 tracks in all my sequences, and only in about 25% of them I was able to import with out major headaches.

I know this subject was discussed last year when S2 first came out. I hoping that the miracle works some how figured out how to assign each channel a number in a data base, so if it is in another order, it does not matter, just you the user need to make sure that the number matches the channel name you give it. Seems easy enough. But hay, thats why I am not a programmer.

Yes, I do have multiple tracks on the sequences I am importing my new configuration into. My master configuration only contains a single track. I think because of that (or perhaps always), my configuration only affects the first track when imported.

It seems that once you import the config into the first track, that pointers back to the first track (from tracks 2,3,...) seem to allow the controller and channel assignments to get changed automatically.

When you created your tracks above the first one, did you always start by copying the first track (or duplicating?) I know they emphasized doing this in S2 ... and I think this is why ... because they want track #1 to hold the master assignment mappings. I believe when you copy or duplicate .... that it creates "backward pointers" to the channel information information in the first track.

I agree that LOR should work towards getting each channel into a database where the display items can be maintained in a single place and when you makes changes, they could be propagated out to sequences automatically. It's all do-able now, but its a lot of work and rather cumbersome when you have a lot of songs.

taybrynn wrote:

Yes, I do have multiple tracks on the sequences I am importing my new configuration into. My master configuration only contains a single track.

Tried this last night, worked like a champ. Thanks. Hopefully they will have this little issue corrected in next release.