Light-O-Rama Forums

Background tab help!!!

PatrickNew

I have a very strange problem. When I plug my sign in on it's channel, it causes the controller to go haywire. Several of the channels randomly come on, and don't respond the way they should. As soon as I unplug my sign, everything works as it is supposed to. I looked at all my sequences and made sure I deleted the sign channel from them all (as was suggested by a previous post). Then I made sure that only my sign was in the background animation. Any ideas what I have done wrong? Is it a problem with the sign I built? I didn't use a sign last year. Help! Supposed to open tomorrow. Just have it plugged in a separate plug not attached to controllers now. Would like to fix it. Thanks!

Patrick

The only thing that comes to my mind, is double check you assignments. I noticed on mine I had one channel with channel assigned with no unit, and made show do weird things.

If the sign is lit by fluorescents, particularly compacts, these push noise back into the controller that messes it up.

CFL's can cause an annoying range of issues, even on controllers plugged in the same circuit as the controller they are actually on...

I'm really hoping I can find affordable LED black lights for next Halloween...