Light-O-Rama Forums

S6 Still has issues with video window placement

dgrant

Has this issue been fixed with the latest version, or is there a reliable workaround?  I am having the same issue with the video playing on the main monitor instead of the secondary monitor.

Look in the player's video preferences. Note that the player preferences and the sequencer preferences look pretty much identical but are totally separate. Check the first box to place the output to the desired monitor then check the next box down to make it full sized.

Thanks.  I did notice that.  I have the settings set to play in the control panel in full screen on my second monitor.  Unfortunately, every time I reboot my computer it defaults back to my main monitor instead.  I can’t figure out why.

Did you get it to keep the window on your projector?  Any special steps that you took to get it to work?

Edited by toddm1919

I'm dark this year, not enough time to get things set up. But last year, after the initial troubles, whichever version came out of S6, it finally kept it on the correct monitor and the correct size on the preview display. I just looked at things again yesterday on the preview screen which still looked correct. I do use a video splitter/adapter for DVI to HDMI for the monitor output to the projector. It stays powered on so its possible that device is doing the job of maintaining the proper output.