Light-O-Rama Forums

Suggested Changes

dgrant

So tonight, I was outside testing halloween sequences using the IOS App from LOR for this purpose. I found it very annoying when using the Live Player option because once you select a sequence, the screen automatically sets itself back to the top of the list. It would be so much easier if it just stayed where it was instead of having to scroll it back down again.

Another item, There's no way to manually run a show, from the Show Player. If its within 72 hours of the next scheduled show, it does appear, but there's nothing you can do with it. I'd think it would be nice to actually run the show, as in on-demand, via the IOS App. Sure, it can be done via the computer itself but not from the IOS App.

23 minutes ago, dgrant said:

Another item, There's no way to manually run a show, from the Show Player. If its within 72 hours of the next scheduled show, it does appear, but there's nothing you can do with it. I'd think it would be nice to actually run the show, as in on-demand, via the IOS App. Sure, it can be done via the computer itself but not from the IOS App.

Sorry, wrong.  The ! box at the top right brings up Show on Demand.

12 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Sorry, wrong.  The ! box at the top right brings up Show on Demand.

I think he's referring to the mobile app. Starting Show On Demand (as well as override sequences) from the mobile app is coming in the next release.

• 2 weeks later...

The mobile app has been updated and scrolls down to the played cue in Live Player. It also includes Show on Demand and Override Sequence functionality for the Show Player (requires 6.1.4 on the show computer for full support).

Just FYI, I deleted the existing version 1.037(IOS) and downloaded the new 1.1 for IOS. Problem so far, it shows up as the previous 1.037. I've not yet tried show players.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding this update to the mobile app...

I can no longer connect to my show computer with the mobile app.  I've been able to do it for about a month, but in the last few days it won't connect.   I think this might be related to updating my computer to LOR 6.1.4 a couple weeks ago.  In the LOR control panel it is interesting that I see the text "Disconnected" when I roll the mouse over the cloud icon at the top.  And the cloud icon shows an "X" on it.   The app does nothing when I click on the login button.  Yes, the computer is connected to the internet because that is how I access the show computer from my laptop in the living room (via Google remote desktop).    Any ideas why this would have recently stopped working?

As an unrelated side note, since using LOR for longer than I can remember (15 years or more), version S6 really has me happy with the new control panel.   I used to have to write my own software to automatically switch shows for different dates, but S6 does this beautifully, so I no longer need my software.  And of course the mobile app was really cool when I was able to get it to work.    GREAT JOB folks !!! 

This happened just recently, we had to upgrade our cloud service to account for the holiday rush. It should be working now, let me know if you are still having issues.

3 minutes ago, Ryan P said:

This happened just recently, we had to upgrade our cloud service to account for the holiday rush. It should be working now, let me know if you are still having issues.

A genius you are!    You are right, it suddenly started working again.  I thought I was doing something stupid.   I'll keep this in mind for the future and just wait it out if occurs again.   And hey, I really love this app feature.  Sure makes things easier to test from my warm car 😁