Light-O-Rama Forums

(2) Tune To Signs combined as a matrix for messaging

Wonko

Hi all,

I ordered two “Tune To” Signs from HolidayCoro to use as a pixel matrix for messages. The plan is to have one next to the other so it looks like the words are scrolling.

They are each 9 pixels high by 18 pixels wide in a rectangle, with 1 SPI output on each sign at the bottom left.

I’m struggling to figure out how to get S5 to treat them as one sign and scroll the words across from one sign to the next. 

Right now, I’ve got them setup on universe 53  and 54 respectively. 

Would I add a pixel matrix to my preview in S5 and then somehow tell it that the two outputs are actually consecutive or something?

And would each one be a Horizontal/rectangle matrix with 1 string and 9 bends, or could I tell S5 that it’s actually 2 strings with 9 bends next to each other?

Thanks for your help!

13 hours ago, Wonko said:

Would I add a pixel matrix to my preview in S5 and then somehow tell it that the two outputs are actually consecutive or something?

And would each one be a Horizontal/rectangle matrix with 1 string and 9 bends, or could I tell S5 that it’s actually 2 strings with 9 bends next to each other?

Thanks for your help!

Each one would be a Horizontal/rectangle matrix with 1 string but the folds (bends) would be 8 to make 9 rows. Then Create a prop group with both Matrixes checked in the preview group definition and set the Arrangement to USE PREVIEW and set the resolution to the desired setting. That should get you what you want. 

On 10/27/2022 at 4:33 AM, Jimehc said:

Image006.jpg

Forget my Idea. That's even easier. I guess I was thinking that each Matrix would be it's own prop. This set up is perfect for a small two piece matrix. Thanks Jimehc.

• Like 1