Light-O-Rama Forums

GE Mini Spider Wiring Diagram

Yodlei

Yeah, I'm late thanks to HLE. Just got my pre-order from Feb. & trying to get a few props up but probably won't have music or movement.

Does anyone have a picture of how to wire the above with mini-lights? Tried searching the web & found nothing. Saw some info come up that Gilbert's FB page might have wiring diagrams but I'm not on FB. There isn't a whole lot of space showing between the legs but trying to hide the wire the best way & best place to start.

Thx in advance!

Confirm that you have the version that uses min-lights (holes will be about 1/4 inch) as opposed to the version for pixels (holes will be about 1/2 inch)?  You said mini-lights, so going with that for now.  Are you planning on lighting the spider with one string of mini-lights that all light up together, or multiple channels (for example, the legs vs the body; or some of the legs vs other legs, vs the body)?  It's mostly up to you.

Assuming it is a small number of mini-light strings, remember that it does not need to look like a spider in your preview - as long as YOU know what that blob on the screen actually represents.

Thanks for the reply & yes, mini-lights...70 ct set & all at once. As I said, I'm not worrying about programming at this time. Just wanted to know best way to wire the mini-spider without the wires being see between the legs. There is only 1 row of holes down each leg. If they were large where there were 2 rows, you could go down & back up but not with 1 row of holes. Guess I won't worry about it. Probably won't see much of the wire. Just wanted to keep from pulling anything back out.

No one is going to see the wire at night.  I looked at the product web page.  Just wired down one leg and back up the adjacent leg.

Pogo the lights down each leg - - skip down (jump) one hole - then back up to fill in...  7-5-3-1>  <2-4-6

Edited by Jimehc