Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Director Not playing all sequences

Rob23

I put my SD card in my N4-G4 Show director and I have 2 sequences with music.  It only plays the first one and not the second show.  What am I doing wrong?

How did you setup show when using LOR Hub? Did you have both sequences selected in right column before saving show to SD card?

I have S6 and they are both on my control panel.  then I save them to my sd card for my director but then it only plays one of the sequences.  

image.thumb.png.4a0e22902268dc239b2d70055a765589.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2022 at 8:31 PM, Rob23 said:

I put my SD card in my N4-G4 Show director and I have 2 sequences with music.  It only plays the first one and not the second show.  What am I doing wrong?

I’m having this same problem with a Mini Director. 

On 10/25/2022 at 7:31 PM, Rob23 said:

Check your fw in your N4 and if it’s not 6.11 update it and try again.

JR

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having this same issue, updated all my FM, in every controller. Updated all unit IDs. My N4-G4 is on 6.11, added three songs purchased from LOR- RGBplus sequences.  Put them all in show 1. It played 1 song, now the N4 shows Wait. No clue what to do. I have it set for continuous loop. Tried different SD cards. Now it won’t play the first song that it did 10min ago. 

• 3 weeks later...

Audio files are purchased. Even with just animations the director will not move on to the next sequence. Only plays the first sequence and then proceeds to say wait. 

Whenever I had this problem in the past, it was that the purchased audio file had a different sample rate than what the Director was happy with.  Now before I start any new sequence I take the audio file through Audacity (free) and save the audio to a new file at constant bit rate of 128Kbps.  The problem only shows up on the director and not on the computer.

It’s random because it was just working a few days ago and then it suddenly stopped. I purchased the file via Amazon as LOR prompted me to do so.

I remember years ago being so frustrated with this problem before having that "ah ha" moment, which is why all these years later this problem is so easily recalled.  I would still take the audio file (does not matter where it came from or how you maybe acquired it) and put it through Audacity to resample it.  Then replace the audio in your sequence with that new version and re-write the SD card. 

Also of note are issues you could be having with the SD card.  In my experience I always re-format the SD card and write the entire show fresh, rather than edit an existing show on the SD card.  I do this mainly because this also led to crazy results with the Director.  Takes a little more time but then I never have to worry about it.

Just so I understand, you did actually export the song at 128Kbps, which is what Audacity sets it to and replaced the audio in the sequence?  I very seldom have purchased a song where it came as 128Kbps as a default.

And by "formatting" you mean you reformatted the card and rewrote the show?

If you did both these, what happens when you just have the one musical sequence that works on the card?  Does it repeat?  Then what happens if you just have the one "bad" musical sequence on the card?

That is correct, I formatted and recreated the show.

I chose the option on Audacity to Resample at a rate of 44100 which is the equivalent to 128kbps. If there is a different option I need to choose please let me know.

This is what I do...1) Start Audacity.  2) Open file (which I have place in the default Windows Music folder).  3) Select "Export Audio..." option from the "File" tab.  4) Select to write the file to the "Audio" area of the LOR directory.  5) Name the file.  6) Select "Save".  7) For "Edit Metadata" just select okay.  Audacity will now export the file at 128Kbps.  Close Audacity and then make sure this is the version/copy of your music that the sequence is using.  As a habit, I always keep the original music separate from the resampled file I am using for the sequence so that I never reference the wrong sampled file.  You can use the "Media File" selection under the "Sequence" tab in the Sequencer to change the file.