Light-O-Rama Forums

Odd video playback issue

Oliver Blatt

Good morning everyone! This is the first year for me adding video to my Halloween show, and I'm experiencing a weird video playback issue. I finally got the video finished, and am doing tests tonight. My show consists of one sequence that is triggered by a sensor outside. Tonight while testing, I set the show to play as a show on demand. When the show plays the first time, the video works as expected, however when the show loops, I get a small "pop up" box that appears over the video. If I try and drag the box to the other screen so it's not visible on the projection screen, the show will keep playing the audio, but the video will freeze. I'm attaching a photo to help explain what I'm talking about. (Pardon the makeshift projection screen of my curtains...not hanging the actual screen until trick or treat day!) I have not tested this with the trigger yet, but I would think that would not change the outcome of the projection.

Running v4.4.2 with an advanced license.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and if so, I'm all ears for any tips to address the issue! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Because I was curious, I set up the interactive trigger and ran the show with breaks in between. When I do this, I get a quick flash of the little box, but it's only for a split second. Weird.

popup screen.jpg

Edited by Oliver Blatt

I have had this happen to me over the years but I forget specifically what I do to fix it. I just remember that it doesn't usually take me much time to fix it.  Are you running the video ONLY on the projector?  If so try clicking on the laptop screen where the video isn't running.  If the box pops up it should only show up for maybe 1/2 second.

Edited by Kyle Whitaker

Once I switched to triggering the show via the interactive feature, the box would barely flash, and it seemed to be working fine. I am only showing the video on the projector, so I'll try your suggestion and see what happens. At this point I'm happy that my trick or treat night show will work as intended, but I'll have to mess around and see if I can find a solution...just to satisfy my curiosity!