Light-O-Rama Forums

Instant Sequencing New LOR Props

Bob Musil

Is there a way to create an instant sequence that is specific to the new candy canes, spinners, and snowflakes? I have tried it using the Instant Sequencer as best I understand it, but I'm getting wonky results (the arms on the pinwheel don't completely light up together, etc.).  Any help is appreciated.

Edit to add: The candy cane and snowflake are each 50 bulbs, and it appears they all light up. The spinner is 100 bulbs, and as best I can tell, 1 quadrant is not lighting up at all.

Edited by Bob Musil

What "arrangement" are you using on the props? Do not use "Use Preview" or "None."  You should use "Horizontal stack align bottoms," "Horizontal stack align tops," or "Vertical stack." If it is still not working for you let me know.

19 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

What "arrangement" are you using on the props? Do not use "Use Preview" or "None."  You should use "Horizontal stack align bottoms," "Horizontal stack align tops," or "Vertical stack." If it is still not working for you let me know.

I have changed my arrangements. The Candy Canes are horizontal stack - align bottoms. The Snowflakes and Spinners are vertical stack. Everythin seems to be working now, with one exception: I have the spinners aligned with the instructions, and the lower right quadrant is not lighting up on any of the Spinners. Herevis what my Instant Sequence dialog box looks like.  I see that TCM 4 is blank, but I don't know if this is the problem, or how to correct it if it is the problem.

I really appreciate you working with me on this.

Screenshot 2022-10-13 134055.png

It will work best if you don't have a lot of empty squares. Try making everything "Horizontal Stack - align bottoms" then make a group that contains the candy canes, snowflakes, and spinners and make the group be "vertical stack.

Ideally you want rows that are 50-100 pixels long and then have the rows be stacked vertically.

39 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

It will work best if you don't have a lot of empty squares. Try making everything "Horizontal Stack - align bottoms" then make a group that contains the candy canes, snowflakes, and spinners and make the group be "vertical stack.

Ideally you want rows that are 50-100 pixels long and then have the rows be stacked vertically.

I made each group horizontal Stack - align bottoms, then put those groups into a new group set to Vertical Stack.  Now on the spinners, only the 4 center lights come on.

I'm not sure why that would happen. email me at brian@superstarlights.com and I can arrange a time to remote into your computer.