Light-O-Rama Forums

Place Image on top of background scene?

MSB

It's been a while and I've forgotten how to put a colored scene in the background and an image on top of it. I've searched the documentation but I haven't found it. I tried moving the scene to the bottom of the programming window thinking that would be an obvious choice but that doesn't work. The background is washing out the images. 

You are asking this in the SuperStar section of the forum, but unless I am missing my guess (since you are using S6), you really don't mean to be asking it here.

I don't know what you mean by a colored background with an image on top.  In the S6 Preview Editor in the lower left corner, you can select the background image to use.  In the row of icons above the layout that starts with the + for adding props, there is a slider for Background image brightness.  In Sequencer, there is a similar slider at the top of the playback window.  Does that answer your question?

If you are referring to superstar then the first thing to do is click on the Tools menu and select "Preferences"

In the Preferences dialog box make sure "Layer Priority Feature" is enabled.

With the Layer Priority Feature enabled, effects that are on a lower numbered layer will appear in the background. Note that the layers in the Time Layers area are numbered with 1 at the top and then descending from there.