Light-O-Rama Forums

How to add to a 16x25 Pixel Tree

Frozen Tundra

I purchased two 16x25 Pixel trees. But I only have enough room for one tree. Is is possible to turn two 16x25 pixel trees into one 16x50 pixel tree?

Still learning. Slowly but steadily.

Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

Yes it is possible. Do you have ribbons or strings? Do both ends of the pixels have connectors or just one end? Are the pixels actually 8 strings with 50 pixels that you fold to make 25? Can you link to the kit you purchased.

26 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Yes it is possible. Do you have ribbons or strings? Do both ends of the pixels have connectors or just one end? Are the pixels actually 8 strings with 50 pixels that you fold to make 25? Can you link to the kit you purchased.

Hi Mr. P. Yes, that is exactly what I have. (8) strings of 50, folded in half to make (16). I have ribbons and both ends have connectors.

Thank you Mr. P

Then you also have two 8 port controller, just combine the two kits and run a 16x50 tree. Just keep in mind that you will be running two 8 port controller instead of one 16 port controller. Plus, 16x50 trees are much easier to find sequences for.

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Then you also have two 8 port controller, just combine the two kits and run a 16x50 tree. Just keep in mind that you will be running two 8 port controller instead of one 16 port controller. Plus, 16x50 trees are much easier to find sequences for.

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Hi Mr. P.

It worked. Thank you for your help.

You can also run it using only 1 controller. Connect 2 strings together and configure it as 100 pixel strings with a fold. I run my tree using 4 ports with 2 strings connected together with 3 folds. On the tree that's 4 x 25 pixel strings. That leaves me 4 ports for a treetop star and a couple of arches next to the tree. That will give you a controller that you can pick more pixel strings to make part of your display.

Bob W

• The topic was locked