Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Arch Tunnel

Reddog5150

Hello,

I am building an arch walkthrough tunnel this year to add to my display.  It will be made with 8 seven foot tall arches that are two feet apart with 50 12v RGB squares on each one.  I am looking for sequences that could run just in the tunnel.  Or direction to create my own sequences.  They do not need to be musical.  Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late post but as people have said many times, this time of year is difficult to get a lot of responses.  I too have a RGB light tunnel.  It's 16 arches (since Pixcon's have 16 outputs) with 50 12v RGB Bulbs.  I have several sequences that I have done.

The easiest way to do the arches is using the motions feature inside of the sequencer.  After the holidays I can send you a few that I've done.  

• 1 month later...

Here is some more information on how I have my light tunnel set up.  I have a group in my preview called "Light Tunnel" with all the arches added to it.  I have then selected the "Vertical Stack" option.  Although none of them are perfect, this option is the best for how I use the light tunnel.

Then. I use the Motion Effect on the group to sequence them as one.  Seems to work very well and the kids absolutely love it.  I can't tell you how many people get pictures of their kids while standing in the tunnel.

Let me know where your at and I can send you some sequences (they have no music as I use a sequence for thanksgiving but just to give people something to look at).

16 x 50 for 800 RGB channels? Good gosh that has to be beautiful! I would love to make something like that for our driveway. It’s a corner lot with a curved drive from street to street. What do you use for the arches? I’ve considered PVC but I just imagine it’d be a little too flimsy. Have any pictures you’d be willing to share?

I will send you some pictures in an email since this board doesn't allow very big attachments.

I do use 1" PVC and each arch is also 7 foot tall.  The light tunnel I used this year is the 5th iteration of the tunnel.  It's length in total is 13 feet.  So, they are close enough that you really do get that tunnel feeling.  I don't even glue the PVC together, I just use a rubber mallet to make sure it's together as much as it can be.  We've had over 50Mph winds and tunnel has no problems holding together.  I use smaller PVC as "stakes" in the ground and the 1" pipe slips over the stakes.  So, basically it's gravity and the fact that it's NOT absolutely perfect that I think keeps it together.  800 lights, and over 800 zip ties.

Message me your email so I can get some pictures/video

Light Tunnel 3-min.jpg

Edited by BluMan

33 minutes ago, BluMan said:

I will send you some pictures in an email since this board doesn't allow very big attachments.

The solution to that is to upload the photos or videos to a publicly accessible web site (Google Drive, Dropbox, some website you control, etc) and post a link to it.

For example, this image is actually on Google Drive - shot at the 2019 TSO concert

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19xuNffvw-uCIG6tvkrayYgBdTwUaPMqP/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 10:52 AM, BluMan said:

Sorry for the late post but as people have said many times, this time of year is difficult to get a lot of responses.  I too have a RGB light tunnel.  It's 16 arches (since Pixcon's have 16 outputs) with 50 12v RGB Bulbs.  I have several sequences that I have done.

The easiest way to do the arches is using the motions feature inside of the sequencer.  After the holidays I can send you a few that I've done.  

On 1/5/2023 at 11:09 AM, BluMan said:

I do use 1" PVC and each arch is also 7 foot tall.  The light tunnel I used this year is the 5th iteration of the tunnel.  It's length in total is 13 feet.  So, they are close enough that you really do get that tunnel feeling.  I don't even glue the PVC together, I just use a rubber mallet to make sure it's together as much as it can be.  We've had over 50Mph winds and tunnel has no problems holding together.  I use smaller PVC as "stakes" in the ground and the 1" pipe slips over the stakes.  So, basically it's gravity and the fact that it's NOT absolutely perfect that I think keeps it together.  800 lights, and over 800 zip ties.

Message me your email so I can get some pictures/video

Light Tunnel 3-min.jpg

Thank you for the review of your tunnel.  Your design has given me better insight on how to set mine up.  Can I get a couple more pictures of the tunnel from the sides?  I would also love to get some of your sequences so I can see how they look.

Thank you

Here is a video of my light tunnel in action.  I will have to look for more.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjU34vWgFzMhyxsEkFqYgBTnHnCw?e=2iid0f

Here is two S5 files that have the light tunnel sequences in them...there is no audio.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjU34vWgFzMhyxwRTNbVTUXfGMn2?e=TxZYXg

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjU34vWgFzMhyx3RHXzxpYf3bl4e?e=zRGACq

Edited by BluMan
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked