Jump to content

Help adding channels to a Boscoyo Prop


Scott011422
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey guys

I purchased a "Pumpkin 3 Front Face" from Boscoyo Studio. LOR already has it as a predefined prop. With 250 nodes I'm going to run 2 channels of 100 and 1 of 50. So three channels total.  My problem is that I can only get 1 channel to show. I assumed when i set the "Maximum Circuit" to 300, it would have created 2 additional channels. But it did not. The help section says the channels are auto generated by the "Shape" Section. But I have no options there. Its set to "custom" And there is a section for "Advanced Light Placement". There was nothing I noticed in that menu for channels. Just the numbered pixels and their placement in a grid. Offhand it looks like it is setup to use one channel or output at 250 pixels only, But my hardware (Pixie 8) cant support 250 pixels per channel.

 

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Scott011422 said:

With 250 nodes I'm going to run 2 channels of 100 and 1 of 50. So three channels total. 

First of all, it's outputs or port - NOT channels.  Each pixel is normally three channels (there are 4 channel pixels available).  Referring to the output ports of a pixel controller as "channels" only adds confusion.

1 hour ago, Scott011422 said:

I assumed when i set the "Maximum Circuit" to 300,

Under normal circumstances, you do not need to change that from the default 510 or 512.

It's been several years since I did anything with custom shapes, but as I recall when you set the pixel numbers, numbers 1-999 are the first line of the channel assignments section, 1001 - 1999 are the second, etc.  Don't hold me to that exactly as it's been years, but something like that...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

k6ccc

I totally agree. Being this is a LOR specific technical forum, I was using their terminology, Which is "Circuits" where we would see "Channels" and "Channels" Where we would see outputs or ports. Either way, Tends to be very confusing.

 

I went into the  "Advanced Light Placement" and set added 1000 to a pixel. That gave me another row, so another channel, output or port.

 

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dang, I did remember it right...  At one point years ago I had a prop that had something like 12 rows listed in a custom prop.  Can't even remember which one it was as I do it differently now.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Box on Rails
On 10/2/2022 at 8:17 AM, Scott011422 said:

Hey guys

I purchased a "Pumpkin 3 Front Face" from Boscoyo Studio. LOR already has it as a predefined prop. With 250 nodes I'm going to run 2 channels of 100 and 1 of 50. So three channels total.  My problem is that I can only get 1 channel to show. I assumed when i set the "Maximum Circuit" to 300, it would have created 2 additional channels. But it did not. The help section says the channels are auto generated by the "Shape" Section. But I have no options there. Its set to "custom" And there is a section for "Advanced Light Placement". There was nothing I noticed in that menu for channels. Just the numbered pixels and their placement in a grid. Offhand it looks like it is setup to use one channel or output at 250 pixels only, But my hardware (Pixie 8) cant support 250 pixels per channel.

 

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Here is what you need to do. Set your prop to 300 max circuit per string. Then check separate ID for each RGB string. In the prop definition you will see just the first port unit ID 01 with the start circuit 1 and end circuit at 300 with 450 carry over.  Even though it does not show it, The carry overs are actually assigned to the next sequential Unit IDs by the number of circuits per string selected. with that in mind here is how all circuits get assigned.  The first 300 circuits (100) pixels are using unit ID 01 that is showing in the prop definition. not showing, unit ID 02 is assigned to the first 300 carry over Circuits (100 Pixels) and then Unit 03 will have the last 150 carry over circuits (50 pixels). So no don't put max circuit to 510 as stated above. that would be 170 pixels per string and not match up with the assignment of two 100 pixels string and one 50 pixel string for the prop.  This carry over thing has created a lot of confusion and I have requested that in future updates to the software that they eliminate the carry over row and show a list of the default port assignments. Hope this helps 

Kenny

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

Here is what you need to do. Set your prop to 300 max circuit per string. Then check separate ID for each RGB string. In the prop definition you will see just the first port unit ID 01 with the start circuit 1 and end circuit at 300 with 450 carry over.  Even though it does not show it, The carry overs are actually assigned to the next sequential Unit IDs by the number of circuits per string selected. with that in mind here is how all circuits get assigned.  The first 300 circuits (100) pixels are using unit ID 01 that is showing in the prop definition. not showing, unit ID 02 is assigned to the first 300 carry over Circuits (100 Pixels) and then Unit 03 will have the last 150 carry over circuits (50 pixels). So no don't put max circuit to 510 as stated above. that would be 170 pixels per string and not match up with the assignment of two 100 pixels string and one 50 pixel string for the prop.  This carry over thing has created a lot of confusion and I have requested that in future updates to the software that they eliminate the carry over row and show a list of the default port assignments. Hope this helps 

Kenny

 

Kenny

 

Thats great to know. Thats how I expected it to work. For Christmas I'm adding a large 600 pixel snowman. I'll have to try this out before renumbering 500 pixels by hand.

 

Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...