Light-O-Rama Forums

Can LightORama Software Trigger A Video

Mike Kady

I would like to have LightORama trigger a media player (such as MedeaWiz Sprint) to play a music video. Does LightORama software have this capability? Would the video still be in sync with the light program. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Use the video file instead of an audio file as the media for your sequence.  Sequence normally.  If you are trying to trigger some external media player, that would depend on the player, and what you are trying to do.  if you are only needing a "start" trigger, and the media player has the ability to be started with a contact closure, you could have a LOR channel power a relay that provides that start trigger.  However, it is un-likely that the timing would remain perfect.

Thank you for the reply. 

I know the MedeaWiz can be set to play a video by receiving a voltage surge (i.e. being turned on). I'm assuming I can plug it into an available controller channel via the plug in adapter. I guess being in sync will depend on the amount of time for the player to process the video file and begin to play.

1 hour ago, Mike Kady said:

Thank you for the reply. 

I know the MedeaWiz can be set to play a video by receiving a voltage surge (i.e. being turned on). I'm assuming I can plug it into an available controller channel via the plug in adapter. I guess being in sync will depend on the amount of time for the player to process the video file and begin to play.

Using a AC controller to power a media player is not good (can damage electronics) as it also adds a (player)Boot delay, which is a reason K6CCC suggested a (AC) RELAY.

The player is in standby, and the relay causes it to PLAY almost instantly.

If you have a CMB24, the a DC relay (the coil voltage matches the PSU) is a choice. OR if the player has a DC trigger, use that after adding a voltage divider (as needed)  to keep the trigger in range.

I'm going to do video this year. Rather than using MedeaWiz to play your file, its possibly easier just to use LOR with the video as the media source within LOR as Jim mentioned already. This way, the video and audio are already synced. Now getting your video out to the projector becomes the only issue. I'm using a matched pair of transmitter and receivers for HDMI which run over a Cat5/6/7 cable. I've tested it several times and there's zero lag or delay. Controlling the projector, depends on the projector. I'm using an Optoma which I found online a program that allows me to control the timing of when to turn it on and off. That tested and worked just fine too. Lastly was a projection screen, I'm using a motorized one rated for outdoors. As TheDucks mentioned, I'm using a set of 12vdc relays and combined them with a LOR CMB24 DC card. By doing that, LOR can control the raising and lowering of the screen. I'll make the assumption you have already planned for inclement weather as your profile doesn't say where you are. Projectors cannot get wet!

Projectors also can not be fully enclosed without great cooling that does not bring in moisture.

BTW that cooling needs to be on a thermal delay after shutdown of the projector or parts WILL warp.

I agree. I've fabricated an enclosure for mine. Its not totally water tight given that its got an opening for the lens but I've also got three 12vdc fans withing. Two are inlets and one outlet just for the reason mentioned above. The fans will continue to run even though the projector will be shut off. I can't do anything about humidity but hope the heat generated will help bake it out but unknown for what happens during the middle of the day when the projector isn't on.

• The topic was locked