Light-O-Rama Forums

Equipment Maintenance Questions

chowell

Just curious if everyone pretty much leaves their equipment on throughout the season. The way the LOR controllers are designed, I'm assuming everyone just leaves them powered on? FM transmitters....on or off nightly? I will obviously shut my PC down each night but I want to make sure I treat my other equipment properly in order to obtain the longest life possible.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Corey

Mine have been on since placement and will remain on until tear down. My transmitter (Vastelec) only runs during the show because it is just too powerful and I don't want to offend the neighbors.

I will leave my laptop on 24 hrs also (with the internet disconnected to avoid updates and restarts).

I leave my equipment on all season long as well. My Belkin turns on and off automatically and the computer I use to run the show does other things as well so it's on 24/7 as well.

I like to leave the controllers hot so it keeps them warm and ready to go...

=Evan

I have a shed that houses my 12 controllers and FM transmitter. I was told to keep them on. You can get moisture build up in them. With them on they create enough heat to kepp all moisture out. I also rum my FM transmitter all the time, I am broadcasting music during all off hours. Check out my website "Command Central" to see what I am taking about.