Light-O-Rama Forums

Lagging

Chrisoco

I’m completely stuck, I’m running s5.6.8 and none of my previews will run and if it does play the show nothing is matching up when viewing the show in the preview.  Also when I’m trying to edit anything in my show it keeps flashing not responding in the top right corner. I added a second controller this year and setup the unit id and started to add channels to my layout, there are no conflicts. I’m about ready to pack it in!! The controllers are not connected to the laptop 

1 hour ago, Chrisoco said:

none of my SEQUENCES will run and if it does play the SEQUENCE nothing is matching up when viewing the show in the preview.

Do you have Anti-Virus Software Enabled ?

Yes I bit defender active. I did read that that might be the problem, it’s funny I had it on before with no problem. I’m thinking maybe they changed their program. 

5 minutes ago, Chrisoco said:

Yes I bit defender active. I did read that that might be the problem, it’s funny I had it on before with no problem. I’m thinking maybe they changed their program. 

Why do you think any A/V does not morph to keep ahead of the threats? I get a 'threat update' every day (some folks get more than one per day).

Smart surfing (AKA Defense against the Dark Arts) is still the first line.   There is a lot of FUD being pedaled by these companies, causing massive use of (CPU) resources, when a little care and Windows Defender has it covered. YMMV  (BTW just because a product USED to be good, does not indicate it still is. )

So looks like bitdefender was causing the issue. I have disconnected from the internet to protect against threats. Wondering what everyone else is using

Frankly, just use Windows defender. It's as good if not better than many, free and never once has got in my way.