Light-O-Rama Forums

Converting Trees from S4 to S6

cdlouke

When converting SS sup files from S4 to S6 I am running into a problem. The 16x50 tree converts correctly, the 16x100 is staying at 16x50. Is there a simple way to stretch the tree?

In LOR mode I don't believe the tree can go over 16x50. It can be bigger in DMX/E1.31 mode. K6CCC has a bigger tree but I think he runs it on E1.31. You can contact Brian about the issue.

Yes, my pixel tree is 26 x 100, and Mr. P is correct, I am running it via E1.31 (so DMX inside LOR)

On your 16 x 100 tree, is it truncating the tree so only the presumably first 50 pixels are shown, or is it shrinking the 100 pixels into 50 pixels?  And where is it changing it to 50 pixels (Preview, superStar, Sequencer, somewhere else)?  Last question, is what procedure are you using to get your S4 SuperStar files into S6?  There are several ways to accomplish the task.

Jim,

The 16x50 works fine. The 16x100 is only lighting the top 50. I am selecting the row in sequencer and inserting a super star effect. When SS opens, I am selecting the tree sup file. Running it to check and then closing out of SS .

From the videos I have watched that is the correct procedure. But than again I have been getting my butt kicked ever since i have tried to convert files from S4 to S5

Confirming that the Preview in sequencer has the tree as 16 x 100?  When you open SuperStar (via the "Insert SuperStar Effects") does it show 50 or 100 pixels in the sequencing grid for the tree?

Preview is set to 16x100. It is showing 16x50 in SS. My understanding from the videos is that S5 doesn't care about the SS setting but should match the preview settings regardless. Or is that incorrect?

I want to make sure we are on the same page.  You select a motion effects row for the 16 x 100 pixel tree in Sequencer, and perform an "Insert SuperStar Effects" (with menu or [Shift-S}.  SuperStar opens and before doing anything else in SuperStar, it has only 50 x 16 pixels in the sequencing grid?  That is not right.  Or am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, Jimehc said:

You have to Scale the SUP file for the Pixel Tree - Source is 16x50 - Destination is 16x100

As I understand the original poster, in S4 he had a 16 x 100 tree in SuperStar.  If that is the case, it does not need to be scaled.

You understood wrong...

The sup file works fine on the 16x50 tree - needs to be scaled (Stretched) for the 16x100 Tree

Edited by Jimehc

You don't know the answer to that any more than I do - we're both speculating based on partial information.  His first post implies that he has two separate trees in S4 SuperStar - a 16 x 50 and a 16 x 100.  Only one is working right in S5.  That's why I have asked specific information that has not yet been answered.

When converting SS sup files from S4 to S6 I am running into a problem. The 16x50 tree converts correctly, the 16x100 is staying at 16x50. Is there a simple way to stretch the tree?

Select your 16x100 Pixel Tree Motion effect row in your S5 Sequence - "Insert SuperStar Effect"

In SS - select "File" Menu > Open > SUP File

From "Edit" Menu > Select All

From "Tools" Menu > select "Move or Scale selected effects"

Enable "Scale" radio button - Source width 16 - source height 50 - Dest Width 16 - dest height 100 > OK

"X" out of superstar and OK changes in Sequencer....

Edited by Jimehc

• The topic was locked