Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report - Sequencer Related (Resolved)

dgrant

Sorry, but found a bug or so it appears. 6.0.12, in the main sequencer grid, opting to do a Select Column, Select Row or Select ALL, when "starting at the Beat Wizard or Tapper Wizard added rows", results in 1 or 2 top rows being selected only. It refuses to allow selecting of anything else. If you drop slightly to the first real channel, it will select properly, all functions.

1 hour ago, dgrant said:

Sorry, but found a bug or so it appears. 6.0.12, in the main sequencer grid, opting to do a Select Column, Select Row or Select ALL, when "starting at the Beat Wizard or Tapper Wizard added rows", results in 1 or 2 top rows being selected only. It refuses to allow selecting of anything else. If you drop slightly to the first real channel, it will select properly, all functions.

This is by design and the same way that S5 works. There are actually 2 separate sequence grids - one for the beat channels at the top, and below them is the grid for everything else. Your selection cannot cross the grid boundary.

The 2 sections are show here:

https://www1.lightorama.com/help/item_list.htm

Ok, but if I need to select everything, including the beat channel(s) and skew, I'd like to be able to skew the beat channel(s) with everything as opposed to different steps to accomplish the same thing.

24 minutes ago, dgrant said:

Ok, but if I need to select everything, including the beat channel(s) and skew, I'd like to be able to skew the beat channel(s) with everything as opposed to different steps to accomplish the same thing.

If you need to skew everything, then select Sequence > Skew All from the menu.

https://www1.lightorama.com/help/sequencer_sequence_menu.htm

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the suggestion. I created the bug report as I was pretty sure I'd previously did a select all and it acquired everything including beat channels then all of a sudden, it no longer worked. The issue is when I/we need to insert time at the beginning of a sequence as opposed to the end. Change sequence time length, but then have to skew. If the change sequence time length allowed for placement in the beginning or end, possibly at a selected point/column, that might be useful.

Thank You Matt. Your suggestion worked fine. I've seen that on the sequence pulldown menu but never used it, therefore didn't know what it could do. Close out this bug report please.

• The title was changed to Bug Report - Sequencer Related (Resolved)