Light-O-Rama Forums

pixel tree spacing

Wayne K

I am thinking about doing a 10 foot high pixel tree. What is the ideal spacing for the pixels? I am some what close to my front sidewalk and the street.

Thanks

Wayne

50 Pixels @ 2" Spacing is about 8'4" lighted length - plus a little more for top & bottom tree spacing

Image021.jpg

Edited by Jimehc

Thanks for the info. Is there a standard height or a standard amount of pixels in 1 strip or is 50 pixels easier to program than lets say 75 pixels in the software. I have not done anything with pixels yet. The reason I said 10 foot above is I have a 10 foot tree now with about 4200 leds on it I was wanting to just convert the frame work to pixels.  I guess I am wanting to try a pixel tree and get my feet wet working with pixels.

Thanks for any additional info

Wayne

Yes, I Would suggest 50 pixels or multiples thereof.  If you have any expectation of every buying a tree sequence or using a shared sequence, a very high percentage of such sequences are based on 50 pixels.

As for height, I decided how tall I wanted the lit portion of the tree, and did the math.  In my case, I wanted it 10 feet or so.  With 50 pixels, I spaced them 2.5 inches apart - so center of the bottom pixel to the center of the top pixel was 122.5 inches.  When I rebuilt it a few years ago as 100 pixels, I wanted to go maybe a foot taller, so I spaced the 100 pixels 1.333 inches apart, so lit portion was 131.667 inches.