Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels dedicated to static lights

jrbryant

I've read in the "how to" PDF's about creating an animation sequence to turn on all my "static" lights that I want to remain on throughout the show. In the PDF it says "Do not reference LOR channels used in this section in sequences in any other section."

I have questions concerning this statement:

1. In my channel setup for my animation sequence... do I have ONLY the designated static channels appearing in my channel configuration? For example, I have 80 channels with which to work. 75 through 80 are designated for lights and motors that I want to run continually throughout the show... never to go off. When I do my ANIMATION sequence to turn on those 6 channels... do I need to delete channels 1 through 74 out of my configuration... or just not have anything going on in channels 1 through 74.

2. In my channel setup for my musical sequences... do I delete out channels 75 - 80 or do I just ignore them?

Thanks for the help -

John

John,

The safest way would be to remove the channels.

In your animation sequence ONLY have those channels that are for the animation.
In your musical sequence ONLY have those channels used for the musical sequences.

Chuck

I second that. I had two channels in my background sequence for Halloween, and those two channels were not in any of my musical sequences.

My two static channels had C9 lights to inhibit the dusk to dawn sensors on my front porch lights and landscape lighting. It worked perfectly to keep them from coming on during the show, and allowed them to turn on nearly exactly when the show ended.

- Kevin

I third it. I create a new animation with only the number of stacic channels. Usually I keep it at the end of assignments. Than my music sequences only have the channels minus the static channels.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Also, those static channels can not appear in any show sequence.

I think your phrasing might be a little confusion. Static channels should not appear in any musical sequence. The static elements should be handled in an animation sequence so they can be loaded into the show editor (in any tab except musical) to become part of your show sequence.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad I found this thread. I was trying to keep my "Tune to" sign from blinking off between songs. So.. being a newbie, I create a background animation sequence with an imported channel configuration consisting of 95 channels set to "OFF" and one channel set to "ON." HE HE; I'm glad I tested it before walking away from the computer. It does some really weird things. I guess I was thinking that non-Background sequences would get priority (this is my attempt to not sound too stupid). I can't wait to get home to change my background sequence to one channel and remove that channel from all my other sequences.

-D