Light-O-Rama Forums

Usability Feedback - Sequencer String Summary

Jimehc

When opening the string summary in sequencer - the props are sorted in some random order by default - Not by Name, Not by Network and not by Unit ID... You can click the header to sort them, which reverts back to default, after a change, So it would be nice to have the option to keep the "User Selected" sort order.... Also would be nice to be able to Bulk Edit the "Master Dimming" option

• 1 month later...

Bulk edit of master dimming was added to the String Summary. We will work on remembering the last sort order in the String Summary.

Also another option would be ability to be able to Print the String Summary Directly - as that is the Whole Layout for the Props, Network(s) and Controller(s)... That Display Print Out "Map" is most useful when your outside setting up...

1 hour ago, Jimehc said:

That Display Print Out "Map" is most useful when your outside setting up...

Agreed. However I might try using the companion phone app this year during setup as some of that same info is there. You can pick your preview and then prop and it gives you some of those same details. It's possible the info needs to be expanded and/or a similar string summary view within the companion app's UI could help too. Like if there was a way the preview could model controller assignments so that when I am outside at controller box XYZ, I can see which prop needs to be plugged into which output on the controller. Normally I just have each side of the connection labeled anyways from the print out, but if the phone app provided a way to do this, I may not need to carry around papers that can blow away.