Light-O-Rama Forums

Transfer license to new laptop

billmitch57

I just purchased a new laptop to run my show this year but I can't figure out how to transfer the LOR license from the old one to the new one.  I thought you could have more than one computer on the same license but that may have changed?  Any advice?  Thanks...Bill

There is no "transfer."

Just license the software on the new computer. You have 5 seats (installs on different computers) on a license.

Thanks Don...it says I have installed on the maximum number of computers which seems odd but I don't need it on the old one any longer.  How do I free up that seat to use on the new laptop?

There is a way to delete old computers off your license ,  I just did it when I also bought a Lenovo laptop.  I just don't remember where I did it.  It showed me a list of licensed computers and let me delete some.  I'm sure someone with a better memory than me can answer.

To my knowledge there has never been a way to free up a seat, at least as far back as S2. The seat "dies" with the PC. I have requested new seats several times and always been quickly accommodated.

Yeah ... if someone found a way to remove a license, I'm pretty sure that'd be some violation of something, somewhere.

There isn't a way to remove a license from your account, stored on the LOR servers.

• The topic was locked