Light-O-Rama Forums

Beginner question

banh

Hello,

My wife bought a couple of LoR controller 16 channels, they are 10 years old so I dont think its the latest version.  My question is can I use RGB Led light with these box or I have to stick with the regular Christmas light.

Thank you

If the controller has AC plug-in connections then you can run incandescent or LED Christmas lights --- If they have round screw-on type connectors - then you needs to use RGB Pixel Strings

Get the model number and whatever else off the controller boards. That'll help us better. Most likely as Jimehc said, they're AC Controllers and probably first editions. Other than a firmware update, which we can advise you on, they'll work just fine. Do yourself a favor and look at LOR's online videos for setting things up.

Once you identify the model, you should be able to download the documentation at the LOR support page.

Provide a link to a photo (with the cover open) . (LOR has very little support for Images on their forum servers)

First and second (G1 and G2) AC controllers may need a snubber load if used with LED strings. (Lights will not go all the way dim. 1/2 brite is a different issue)

On 7/27/2022 at 1:07 PM, Jimehc said:

If the controller has AC plug-in connections then you can run incandescent or LED Christmas lights --- If they have round screw-on type connectors - then you needs to use RGB Pixel Strings

Just to clarify,  banh is wanting to install RGB's on a CTB16 channel.  RGBs need dc voltage correct? and the CTB16 is only ac or is it both ac and DC?

this intrigues me.