Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report - Playback Files Creation via Player

dgrant

I'm seeing possible problems with the playback files still. It appears...that when adding a new sequence to a CUE file, unless you save it, disable the player, close the CP, restart the CP, then Open the CUE file, then it'll play the added file. The error tracing says it can't find the media file and it might also add that the media was already being used by another process. Simply closing the Live Player and reopening it, does not release the file from whatever process.

Look in the play show area. In there you can manually add sequences to a CUE and play them on demand

8 minutes ago, dgrant said:

Look in the play show area. In there you can manually add sequences to a CUE and play them on demand

I see a section titled "Override Sequences", but nothing that says "CUE".

spacer.png

Its under Play Shows, then Live Player

Override is similar but different

Edited by dgrant

Got it. I tried creating a CUE file, adding sequences to it, saving it, adding more, and then playing it. I can't reproduce the problem you are having.

After playing a single file from the CUE file by selecting the arrow, it should play, I hope. But then stopping it, go to add another sequence, it should mess up when you attempt to play it...if it has to create a new playback file. From what I saw earlier today, the only way to get it to create a playback file from the CUE player process after the error, is to terminate the CP, restart then select the newly added sequence. This will then successfully generate a playback file.

Edited by dgrant

I just tried that. Went to Live Player, started a sequence, stopped it, added another sequence, and played it. It didn't start immediately, but it did play after I clicked play again. This is from the player log:

2022-07-16 9:48:41 PM    Scheduler    INFO    Immediate schedule shutdown requested
2022-07-16 9:48:52 PM    Player    INFO    Starting Main: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\Police Stop My Car.loredit
2022-07-16 9:48:56 PM    Player    INFO    Stopping Main: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\Police Stop My Car.loredit
2022-07-16 9:49:49 PM    Player    INFO    Creating playback file because it did not exist: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\ding dong (short).loredit
2022-07-16 9:49:55 PM    Player    INFO    Starting Main: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\ding dong (short).loredit
2022-07-16 9:49:56 PM    Player    INFO    Stopping Main: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\ding dong (short).loredit
2022-07-16 9:49:56 PM    Player    INFO    Starting Main: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\ding dong (short).loredit
2022-07-16 9:50:01 PM    Player    INFO    Stopping Main: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\ding dong (short).loredit
2022-07-16 9:50:01 PM    Player    INFO    Starting Main: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\ding dong (short).loredit
2022-07-16 9:50:04 PM    Player    INFO    Stopping Main: C:\Light-O-Rama\Sequences\ding dong (short).loredit

I had selected just the one new sequence using the arrow on the side of it, out of the CUE list I had just added the new sequence too. I was hoping it would automatically create the playback file but instead saw the error. Investigating, it appeared the add file process didn't let go of the file itself, probably because it hadn't been saved yet, therefore the error log says it couldn't find the media file. That resulted in the error. The error then repeats itself until the CP is closed completely, then it will allow the playback file to build using the same arrow on the side of the new sequence. This is probably just a minor glitch but if I found it, someone else will too.