Light-O-Rama Forums

Pat on the back. Light intensity slider in Show Player.

johnwayne

I've been paying with the new global light intensity slider at the top of the Show Player. 

I have an ammeter connected to my test setup to monitor power usage.  When I move the intensity slider down to about 30% my ammeter responds by saying I'm only using about one third the full-on power yet the lights keep right on dancing, though not quite as bright. 

It might not sound like a big deal... but this really is. 

Pixels use way more power than you think and if they are tightly packed (think pixel trees and/or pixel panels) they can be blinding.  Being able to tweak the overall brightness in just one place makes a big difference.

A well earned pat-on-the-back to all the LOR coders!!!  😀

I was playing with it just yesterday but I don't have any lights connected. I looked for references in the help file but didn't find it. I surmised that might be what it was doing so since you've proved, yes, well done!!! How it can command all the channels on all controllers simultaneously, is anyone's guess but I like the idea a lot.

I see a big one for this capability is when shooting video.  Very often the video cameras can't handle the bright lights and being able to quickly dim the show during your video shoot may help a lot.

• Like 1