Light-O-Rama Forums

Motion Effect Rows for Preview Group

Steven

The recent gift I received of an upgrade from SuperStar 24_CCR to SuperStar 60_CCR (Thank you, Light-O-Rama!) got me playing with sequencing my pixel tree (now called "Pixel Base") together with my pixel star with SuperStar. Previously, the SuperStar license wouldn't allow me to do that, so I sequenced the star separately.

However, I found an issue: When a SuperStar effect on "Pixel Tree" (the Preview Group of "Pixel Base" and "Pixel Star") faded out, and a motion effect on "Pixel Base" faded up, the SuperStar Effect would suddenly go black as soon as the "Pixel Base" effect started at 0%:
1593754616_Screenshot2022-07-10091326.png.5b5c665d919aec07c41f2e3a20781ff4.png

I discovered that an effect on a member of a group would override the effect on the group itself, and the "Blend/Overlay" setting doesn't apply because the effects are effectively on different props (even though it's part of the same prop). I was going to report this as a Bug/Feature Request, but then I discovered a solution:

I used the "Manage Motion Effect Rows" dialog on the group to make a row containing just the "Pixel Base", and then copied the effects I had on the "Pixel Base" prop to the "Base" motion effect row in the group:
1671537052_Screenshot2022-07-10091545.png.60ca60045159d9dd15888e2ed1a6e25a.png

Now the fade out/fade in effects work as expected.