Light-O-Rama Forums

Feature Request - S4 Visualizer Type Viewer

dgrant

I wrote Matt directly about this but generally speaking to everyone, I'd really like to see the S4 Visualizer return, if possible. I miss seeing that display showing what was going on outside as it was commanded. It also allowed me to catch things I didn't previously catch and edit, rather than standing out in the yard through the entire show, freezing the posterior end of my anatomy off. It was seriously a powerful tool. If it was a problem with computer power, most of us have graduated from Windows XP but even so, rather than LOR dictating a computer requirement, do it as a suggestion. Also advising may or may not work or impede the show. I good example is this very moment, I'm trying a show on demand. I can't see a thing if its actually working or not because its 100 degrees outside and nothing is connected out there, nor even out there! Anyway, if possible, please bring back the Visualizer!

Yes, that would be nice.  I missed the Visualizer to be able to watch the display.  when I was on S4, I would often bring up Visualizer on one monitor and listen to the audio on an FM radio so I could keep an eye on the running show.  One of the weird things you could do with that (with a little router magic) is send the Visualizer data to anywhere in the world via the internet.  More than once I would set up that forwarding so I could sit at work and watch what the show was doing at home.

11 minutes ago, dgrant said:

rather than LOR dictating a computer requirement, do it as a suggestion.

For some stuff, it is a requirement.  Very often software cuts off some older OS version simply because the older version does not some new fangled software element.  I would assume that is what S6 requires Win 10 or later.

+1 on the visualizer. At one point I thought I heard it was under consideration but way down the list.

The S6 show player sure sounds like its running but no way to know if any commands are going out.