Light-O-Rama Forums

S5/6 Pixel String Question

jwblazek

I have 4 Singing bulb props, each utilizing 3 - 50 pixel strings. In S4, I had used the last unused pixel address of "Right Blink" to activate a circuit allowing the bulb to sway to music. It was simple in S4 to arbitrarily assign that  in the sequencer

Switching to S5/S6, I do not see a means to add a single pixel address for this purpose. I have gone to the visualizer, and only way I see to add a pixel is add a pixel string, quantity of 1. The default "START" of the pixel string is not where I want it and can't figure out how to move it. When I finally get it kind of close, the rotate handle remains where the string started. How do you move or start a pixel(string) where you want when adding to an existing prop?

I don't understand most of what you are trying to do.  As I understand it, you have bulb props that use three 50 pixel strings, and the last pixel on the third string is some external circuit.

As for in S5 or S6, in the Preview Editor (not called Visualizer), I pretty much did what you want.  I created an RGB string of one pixel and changed the start location to Regular network, Unit ID 05, channel 448 (the 150th pixel).  To change from the default address (Reg 01, 01) just highlight the box on the channel assignments and type the number you want.

Did that answer that part of your question?

Thanks Jim. I have the props made and worked fine in S4. Issue I have is I can't seem to find the last pixel in the 3rd string on S5. I edited it in preview editor by adding a single pixel element, and doing so, looks "messy" as the editor leaves the pixel rotate handle no where near the pixel. Guess I can't see how to start a new pixel string (or single pixel in my case) where i want it. Seems it gets pinned as soon as you hit the string ICON

Yes it will default to the center of the preview area, but you can move it anywhere you want.  Also for the single pixel, you may want to make it something other than a single dot as that may be hard to see.  I should be able to do a quick video this evening if no one beats me to it.

thanks again, Jim. Problem is as soon as I hit the string ICON, the first point is anchored and i have not been able to figure out how to move the first point. as far as # of pixels, I simply changed the size and shape so it is visible