Light-O-Rama Forums

Bug Report - CP Does not show Scanned Network Correctly

dgrant

I was just thinking that it would be very nice to have the control panel display each and all, LOR serial controllers connected as in Rs-485. Much easier to see them in one place rather than having to go to the HU to scan. This way, during a show, if a connection fails, we can see it and investigate rather than shutting down the show. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dgrant said:

I was just thinking that it would be very nice to have the control panel display each and all, LOR serial controllers connected as in Rs-485. Much easier to see them in one place rather than having to go to the HU to scan. This way, during a show, if a connection fails, we can see it and investigate rather than shutting down the show. 

Amen!

First off, it would show LOR ID in a (per dongle) matrix so you could easily see:

"What is that Pixie doing on the slow network" .

(Unintended) ID duplication (avoids confusion, even if it is valid).

And the ones expected, but not showing (AC fail, network gopher chomped...)

Even better, allow us to put them in our own daisy-chain order. That would tell us instantly where the problem was. See a green light to say the 6th controller in line then red light at the 7th and beyond. As we know, controller ID# makes no difference to RS485 except for a limitation of 64 devices on a single cable/chain.

29 minutes ago, dgrant said:

Even better, allow us to put them in our own daisy-chain order. That would tell us instantly where the problem was. See a green light to say the 6th controller in line then red light at the 7th and beyond. As we know, controller ID# makes no difference to RS485 except for a limitation of 64 devices on a single cable/chain.

My controllers are far from being in ID order., let alone on their network cables in order. Even within the boxes, the order is close to when I bought that type of board. eg My megatree is #5, #7 and 40-43   (It started out with 9 AC strands on #1. It is now 16 Dumb and 2 smart strings). Almost all my other DC controller boxes have a CMB24 and a Pixie.)

Add the ability to display the Model of the controllers too that are associated with the connections

Mine does the thing. It shows I have controllers plugged in and ready when I don't have any controller connected to the pc or network at all.  Was wondering about this.