Light-O-Rama Forums

The Battle of the Lights has Started!

dotyb

This year we have started a 4 mile radius Battle of the Lights. It all started 2 years ago with 3 of us guys kicking dirt in each others face about who is top dog and this goes on all year long. So I thought I will make this an official battle seeing how I have been top dog for those 2 years (pat on the back). Well my neighbor flipped his lights on a week and a half ago plus he did the back of his house just to stick it in my face (loved it). We live on a side of a hill and he is on the street just below me. 7 more of us flipped the switch last Wednesday and 10 more houses have fired up the lights since then.

This is going to be a great thing.

The Dotys

I so wish I had that problem. One of the reasons we started this was because very few people in the area actually decorate. Many only use a strand or two of lights somewhere and that's it. Definetly a downer for the kids, we have been trying to change that.

I love that! There isn't a battle here persay but, I've definitely had an influence to the neighbors decorating skills. Many many more homes in my hood have become Illuminated because of me!!!

-Evan

NWSanta wrote:

I love that! There isn't a battle here persay but, I've definitely had an influence to the neighbors decorating skills. Many many more homes in my hood have become Illuminated because of me!!!

-Evan

Same here, neighbor ask me last night if he could borrow some lights....just so happen I picked up a bunch of c-9's, figures I give him 20 or so boxes of those to "Immuminate" the hood.

cenote that was a very nice thing to do for your fellow man. I can see you on top of your house arms open wide singing O Holy Night "John Berry version" and the neighbors walking up to get box's of lights crying with joy.

The Dotys

dotyb wrote:

cenote that was a very nice thing to do for your fellow man. I can see you on top of your house arms open wide singing O Holy Night "John Berry version" and the neighbors walking up to get box's of lights crying with joy.

The Dotys

That's a visual :D and btw, pretty cool sharing!!!

• The topic was locked