Light-O-Rama Forums

Music input to LOR

zatar

I'm new to LOR but using it successfully so far on a 44 foot light up cloud bus for Burning man. This community has been so much help. One thing I'd like to explore (maybe not this year) is to add some way of doing music/sound input. I know how  to score music from inside of LOR to control .. a light sequence.   Unfortunately, that doesnt work in a DJ setting where you cant anticipate the music that someone wants to play .. What I'm looking for is a way to modulate a simple animation sequence based on a music input. I have seen some  stuff about interfacing Madrix to LOR.. (eg https://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/index.html?configure_light_o_rama_s3_and_.html) .. but that seems a little clunky. Is that the current best way to do music input ? Any other ideas out there on how to do this ? If Not.. where the best way to start witht eh Madrix-LOR route ? Thanks !

-jc

LOR is not a 'color organ'  (where sound frequency and level selects light channels and intensity. I built a simple one back in the 60's)

LOL.. i've built many color organs in my day too .. I'm not thinking of doing anything like that .. i'm more wondering if I can do beat extraction on base line (which I know how to do) .. and use that as a binary trigger via something like InputPup  to queue short static animations created in LOR S5

-jc

• The topic was locked