Light-O-Rama Forums

Modifying the Preview

rick gurnee

In S4, if you modified the config file, you would have to go into each sequence and re-import the new config file.  I thought I saw in one of the tutorial videos that in S5, if you modify the Preview, the next time you edit a sequence that  is when the new Preview is loaded.  I don't believe this is totally accurate.  I believe that is you have modified the Preview, when a show is played LOR will recognize that the Preview has been modified and will rebuild the Playback filed (lid and lms files) with the new Preview.  I don't believe you need to go into each sequence and re-save it.

I have a lot of sequences and it can be time consuming to go into each one and save it, if I don't have to. 

If I am correct, that brings me to my question.  I certainly don't want a show to run where each of the sequence's Playback files need to be rebuilt.  It can take 20-30 seconds to do this and that is a lot of time between songs.  One solution, of course, is to run the show during the day before it gets run (with an audience) in the evening.  Another way is to edit each sequence and tell LOR to build the Playback files.  Again, I have a lot of sequences.

However, it would be nice if we could point LOR to a directory and tell it to rebuild the playback files for every sequence in that directory.

Or is there a documented API that I could call from within a JAVA program to rebuild the Playback files.  If so, I could write my own program to do this.  (Kind of like Bob_O did for S4).

Use the Sequence Compressor to prepare all the show playback files for a single sequence, show or entire schedule. Then go get dinner.

• Like 1

See I knew there would be an easy answer.  Still learning S5, did not see the sequence compressor.  Exactly what I need.

For reasons I do not know, the Sequence Compressor does not get an item in the Start Menu, but it does get an entry in the menu when you right click on the light bulb in the System Tray (if you have that running - I usually don't on my sequencing computer).  I normally create a desktop icon for it (along with others)...

Hmm. never even looked in the Start Menu, Go figure. I always have the Control Panel running so I never noticed.

5 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Hmm. never even looked in the Start Menu, Go figure. I always have the Control Panel running so I never noticed.

Only time I ever start the Control Panel on the sequencing computer is if I will be sending data to the P5 and P10 matricies hanging in my family room during the off season.

• Like 1

There is an option in the show to load all sequences before playing the first sequence. I use this option, then I schedule the show to start 10 minutes earlier than when I tell people it starts.

On days when I haven't changed anything, the show starts a little early, but who cares? It plays in a loop anyway.