Light-O-Rama Forums

Suggestions needed

Sctiger

Let's say..theoretically, a man purchased the 10W RGB Flood Plug-n-Show Package. Let's also assume that he hasn't told his very frugal (ok cheap!) wife yet. What would be some good ways of breaking the news to her? Are there ways of disguising the box as a piece of furniture? Are there other potential uses for the floods that would help ease the pain?

Remember...you can't spell FAMILIES without LIES! 😂🤣

Hunny, it was on sale and we can use  them all year as programed garden lights, you always wanted new garden lights.   Planning on using this approach when I get the package.

• Like 2

Hmmmmmm, I bought you a dozen roses, I don't know how these got delivered. You must always stick to the plan, deny, deny, deny.

• Haha 1

White Security lights were so boring, so I got these on sale. They are LED, so they will last a long time.

Just tell her the truth. Today they are $400... Tomorrow they will be $1400 and next month they will be $2800. Look how much you saved by buying it now. And that is if they can even stock the item next month.

I say to my wife, that looks new!  or Where did that come from?  She says I have had that over a year,  you never noticed this before?    She plays like its not a new purchase.    When she see my new stuff,  I say my order from last year has been on back order all this time and it finally came in.    

The other story is when "WE" decide to wait and save a purchase for the future and I get to tell the kids we are going to hold on that for a while.  Then she buys it ahead of plan and gets to bestow it on the kids getting the glory  and smiles while I was the mean cheap one.   While the truth may set you free, the more clever is the winner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

For "Frugal" wives, the idea of a "Sale" usually always works. Its something they fully understand and employ in their own shopping trends. Having said that, truth is important too. It was just good of a deal to pass up.

25 minutes ago, dgrant said:

For "Frugal" wives, the idea of a "Sale" usually always works. Its something they fully understand and employ in their own shopping trends. Having said that, truth is important too. It was just good of a deal to pass up.

The truth? I can see it now; but honey, it's on sale, it will only cost $2,500 instead of $3,000.  😁

I'm pretty lucky, I usually have to hold the wife back from spending on LOR.

Edited by Mr. P

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

The truth? I can see it now; but honey, it's on sale, it will only cost $2,500 instead of $3,000.  😁

I'm pretty lucky, I usually have to hold the wife back from spending on LOR.

I almost forgot your old story that your wife wants you to put up more lights. 

For me I have my outside funds and anything outside of the home is my responsibility while everything including setting up the 24' Christmas tree is hers. Should have seen the look when I purchased the commercial (mall) Christmas tree. I needed to take up the arched window when I hung my Singing Santa up 40'. The star of the tree was just above his head so it looked great from the outside.

JR

46 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I almost forgot your old story that your wife wants you to put up more lights. 

For me I have my outside funds and anything outside of the home is my responsibility while everything including setting up the 24' Christmas tree is hers. Should have seen the look when I purchased the commercial (mall) Christmas tree. I needed to take up the arched window when I hung my Singing Santa up 40'. The star of the tree was just above his head so it looked great from the outside.

JR

Setting up outside is my responsibility as well, she just tells me what she wants. 😁

For the last 12 years we have used LawnLights to cover the front yard. Last year they started to finally go bad so she wants the entire yard covered in peace stakes this year. I am looking at covering a 60' x 150' area with peace stakes spaced every five feet. A lot of work and I am not looking forward to it.

I just come out & tell the truth. I told her I bought some more stuff from Lor & I bought more Smart Pixel Lights. Plan on getting a few more Pixel Bullets too.

It was pretty much a tongue in cheek post. Although it is true I didn't tell her haha. It was delivered Thursday while she was home. I even had her name on the shipping label.

True story: a couple of years ago, the wife had taken some nyquil because she was dealing with a cold and she somehow ordered a nativity scene in the early morning hours with no recollection. 🤣 Now, anything that shows up is usually accompanied with a few jokes.

• The topic was locked