Light-O-Rama Forums

upgrade from 16 light strands to 32 light strands

Derek Xanders

Is there any easier way than just copying line by line I.E. Row 1 channel 1, so almost 800 lines per sequence? I just added 16 more strings, so I have an E1.31 controller, 16 channel, I added 16 strings to the original 16 with one fold, however, the issue I'm facing is that I cannot just copy and paste the entire line item. it just duplicates the images, I want to ensure that Row 1 channel 1 is the same as Row 2 channel 2, is there an easier way than just copying and pasting line by line?  I am using 5.6.8, latest version of LOR and have professional version, I do not have superstar. 

Edited by Derek Xanders

First of all, your profile shows that you are using 5.5.14 with a Basic level software license.  Since you state that you have a Pro level license and using version 5.6.8, please update your profile.  Answers to your questions depend on both version and license level.

16 minutes ago, Derek Xanders said:

so I have an E1.31 controller, 16 channel,

Just a terminology note.  You have an E1.31 controller with 16 outputs or ports.  Each output has many channels.

Are you sequencing with Motion Effects?  If you are using Motion Effects and change the size of the prop, it's almost automagical.  From your description it sounds like this is not the case, so please tell us how you are sequencing.

Jimehc, yes I went from 16*50 to a 32*50 tree, Thank you for bringing it to my attention of my profile that has been updated. I believe it has 16 outputs (there are 16 dmx dongles that I can connect the lights to. 

59 minutes ago, Derek Xanders said:

I believe it has 16 outputs (there are 16 dmx dongles that I can connect the lights to. 

Please take this as educational - not critical.  The outputs from an E1.31 pixel controller that drive pixel strings are actually Serial Peripheral Interface ( SPI ).  Many E1.31 controllers also have a few DMX outputs (usually on RJ-45 connectors).