Light-O-Rama Forums

Resize pixel tree and import purchase sequence

mhowcroft

Been 10 years since I did a show and adding a 24 by 50 pixel tree from holidaycoro.   Rather than spend hours learning to sequence in superstar and S5 on the pixels I purchased a 16 x 50 tree sequence.  It imported fine when my tree was 16 by 50 but when followed the online video that makes it look really easy to automatically change the size of the tree and the software resizes the motion effects, it didn't work.  The tree is now 24 by 50 but the motion effects start on the left of the tree and the last 8 strands ( newly added) just appear a solid color every now and then.  How do I get the actual motions to be centered again?  Is there a LOR S5 for Dummies book?  I spend most of my time looking for videos that only partially help.  I plan on purchasing at least 10 songs for the tree since most of my time is relearning how to sequence the AC led normal 146 channels.  I started in December last year and hope to have a show for this holiday season but at the rate I am going it may be holiday 2023 or 2024.

You mentioned SuperStar, so are you trying to do the size change in SuperStar or in some other part of the software?  It really is pretty easy in SuperStar.

I figured out how to open the purchased sequence in superstar with a 24 by 50 pixel tree.  I was able to select all the images and move them over 8 pixels so they are now in the center of the tree instead of on the far left.  I haven't figured out how to fix all the scenes in the sequence other than fixing each one individually.  IE.  There is a scene with  three trumpets one scene is trumpets with no color on tree then the other is the trumpets moved a bit with the tree gold. (looks like trumpets are being played with one scene gold trumpets no tree color next gold tree with no color on trumpets.   The gold on the tree only covers 16 rows of pixels not the 24 so to fix I have select the group and add the pixels.  Now I am trying to figure out how to add the extra 8 rows of pixels in the morph scenes so they actually start on the right and not leave out the far 8 right pixel strands.   Not that easy in Superstar.  The song is 5 minutes long and 137 different scenes.  The guy who I purchased the sequence from is going to convert to 24 by 50 for me.  I want to learn how to convert myself since there aren't that many good sequences for trees in 24 by 50.

At first I did try to size in the sequencer following the video that makes it look easy.   I am sure I am missing something and just haven't found the proper video or forum question to help.  I tried changing the matrix in SS from the large 64 by 50 to 24 by 50 and that did nothing.  I made the tree preview is S5 24 by 50 then added a motion row.  Inserted a superstar effect on motion row to open superstar and then in superstar opened the purchased file.  The tree visualization is there 24 by 50 and the rectangular matrix and it plays the whole purchased sequence just not using the full 24 strand only 16.  At least I am learning the ss program.

Yes, you can scale the entire sequence (or portions of it) in one shot in SuperStar.  Select every effect by typing [CTRL] A.  That will take a bit.  The Menu > Tools > Move or scale selected effects.

I read about the ctrl A and tried that but nothing happened.  Maybe I didn't wait long enough.  Where do you place the curser in superstar to do that?   I tried different places.  

I received three files a V6 adobe( the one I opened in ss), V6_CCR_sup.lms, and a V6_DMX_sup.lms.

Wow.  Thank you.  I just did a quick try again and even though tools was greyed out and nothing was highlighted as I expected, the move or scale opened up and I changed the source and destination and boom!  Everything is now 24 x 50.  Now to play around on the proper exports.  Hopefully my 24 by 50 tree kit from holidaycoro arrives soon so I can test everything before I spend a lot of time sequencing and find out something else doesn't work.  

I was planning on spending the weekend with my 12 year old Glenlivet scotch and changing every scene.  Thanks Again!

Glad you figured it out.  You may find a few things that you want to tweek a little, but that should get you close.

Send the Scotch to me, and I'll save you having to drink it...

Edited by k6ccc